Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Month Check

Baby Brody saw the Dr. today for his two month well check! Where has the time gone? He weighs 15 lbs. even & is 25 1/2 inches long. The Dr. said to keep doing what we are doing, he looks great. We now lovingly refer to him as Baby Moose. He He is so stinking cute. He had to have 4 shots today. It broke my heart to see him get so upset. He cried so hard that his little face turned bright red. It took a few minutes to calm him down & then he fell asleep. He took a 4 1/2 hour nap, woke up to eat & went back to sleep. He's been a little fussy today. Hopefully he is back to normal tomorrow. I can't get enough of this little chunky monkey :).

The countdown is on. Tanner can't stand it anymore! The new Harry Potter book will be available tomorrow evening @ midnight. I told him I would run out & get it for him so he would have it first thing in the morning when he wakes up. He's trying to convince me to let him go with me @ midnight. I just might let him for the whole thrill of it. It is all he has talked about for the last month. During the 2ND grade year, he read all of the other Harry Potter books. He loves Harry Potter. This boy left 2ND grade reading @ a 6Th grade level. He loves to read. He says that he reads everything his eyes see. I love that he loves to read. My goal was to stay ahead of him in the Harry Potter department so I would know what each book was about. Sad to say, but this boy has out read me. I haven't made it past the third book. Not that I didn't enjoy them, they are very good. It's just that I am so tired when I crawl into bed each night that I have been not reading much of anything lately. I'll let you know how he likes the book when he's done. I'm trying to tell him to read slow & ENJOY it since it's the last in the series.
I have been busy creating a little mini book down @ Green Tangerines with Dolly. It is for a VIP event we are hosting for our customers. It is a cute little book if I do say so myself. The customers will come create this little book @ the event. They will rotate thru 10 tables, meeting each of our teachers & learning a new technique @ each table. E-vites were sent out yesterday morning around 9 am. Two hours later our event was sold out & we have 78 customers on our wait list. Dolly, Kelly, Paula & I are thrilled. We were worried nobody would sign up(LOL). If you didn't get on the list & want to, we are going to be doing it again. I can even send you an email with a picture of the cover. Just let me know. I have a ton to do in the next week to prepare for this. It should be fun!
We have had great weather this week. The boys have loved playing soccer in the yard, riding their bikes, skateboarding, a few park days, & swimming @ a friends house today. We love these lazy summer days. I just wish they'd all learn to sleep in - LOL! Have a happy Friday!

1 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I thought Brody looked about Heidi's size. She is 7 months and only 15 lbs too! My other kids looked like dumplings but this one is a tiny kid. Maybe Brody could give her a few tips for growing big enough to be in a big kid car seat at one year.