Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This Boy


It seems all the fuss has been about the new baby. As it should be in his short little life thus far, right? I hope all of my children will always know how important each of them are to me. I feel so lucky & blessed to be given the opportunity to be their Mom. I am so thankful Heavenly Father trusts me enough to raise them. This boy makes me so proud. Tanner is my oldest & is such a great kid. He is smart, funny, sensitive, outgoing, fast, a great athlete, & a kind friend. He is my big helper. He is always willing to jump in & help when needed. He tells me several times a day that he loves me & it is always followed with a kiss on the cheek. I hope that lasts forever :). He has been incredible with the new baby. If Brody fusses & I am not close enough, Tanner will do whatever it takes to calm him down. Even if it means picking him up & throwing him over his shoulder to get him to burp :). I know, it makes me nervous too!Watching Tanner with Brody gives me little glimpses of what he will be like as an adult. He loves to read . He ended the 2ND grade school year reading @ a 6 Th grade level. A boy after my own heart.
This boy is counting the hours till he can see the new Harry Potter movie. This boy is counting the days till the new Harry Potter book is released. This boy is enjoying summer. This boy is looking forward to soccer camp in two weeks. This boy LOVES to read. This boy is looking forward to a new school year & new friends. This boy loves all sports. This boy has learned to dive this summer & is good at it. This boy amazes me everyday. This boy is MINE & I love him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to Tanner. I was really touched by this post. You have such cute & thoughtful little boys.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I remember Tanner at my wedding. He was 6 or 7 months old and he was a great baby. I really wish we lived closer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanner - your mom says you boys like to hear comments made here! It seems like only yesterday that I was pushing you and Carter around in your stroller at the Memories Store! Do you remember me? I still miss you guys. You have gotten to be so grown up and handsome! Hugs, Free