Friday, August 29, 2008

Walking school bus




Our family joined in on the fun this morning & took the walking school bus to school this morning. This is an event put on by the city in efforts to get more people to walk to school, to carpool, to get out and exercise, & to just remind us to save gas when we can. You find the closest stop to your house (a map was provided by the school) & wait for the walking school bus to hit your stop. It was quite a sight to see all of the children & their parents walking to school. I think the entire (or almost) school participated this morning. Once the kids arrived @ school, there were cheerleaders (parents) holding signs that read "You can do it" & "You are almost there". They had bottles of water, cinnamon rolls, banana's, & granola bars waiting for the kids. They had Mac Gruff the crime dog & a juggler there too. They had fun music playing & just really went out of their way to make it a fun morning for the students.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

yes, it was a lot of fun!! I think a lot more people did it this year.
To edit the date, click on post options at the bottom of your new post while you're writing it. Then change the date there. If you don't see it, call me and I'll walk you through it.

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear more about what happened at the school. I didn't walk all the way with my boys because of T. It's such a fun event, and I'm glad that it's organized for the school. Kudos to Jana!

Jacqueline said...

Very fun idea. I've never seen anything like that. In Idaho, we're just a little sheltered you know. My kids have a 10 mile school bus ride -- do you think we'd make it walking? Maybe if someone carried us all like royalty! Cute pictures too!

erin said...

What fun! I can't believe how big your boys have gotten! They are such good-looking kids!

katie said...

Very fun idea. Love the pictures!

Mamarazzi said...

seriously the coolest idea EVER!!

i wanna live in YOUR town!