Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All About them

Tanner & Carter both have "ALL ABOUT ME" projects due @ the end of this week. With soccer practices(for both boys) & basketball practice (Carter) we decided to sit down & complete them in one afternoon. This year, Tanner's teacher has asked each student to create a mystery wheel. When it is their turn to be student of the week, their wheel will go up on the board & the class will try to guess who it is. He came home with a piece of paper that had been folded in a way to create many triangles, kind of like an extra large pizza. Garrett kept calling it a hat - go figure. Tanner had to fill each triangle with something that represents him, the things he likes. Ms. W. wants them colorful & fun. A piece of the "pizza" will be revealed each day till they guess who it is. We had a great time pulling out the scrapbook/craft supplies. See John ...purchasing & hoarding them all, really does come in handy -LOL! My friend Free, had sent Tanner some Harry Potter paper piecings last summer. She made them by hand. We color copied the Harry one & cut it our for his wheel. Thank You Free!!! You totally saved me some time creating that one. He put that he has blue eyes, he loves soccer, he loves pizza, he likes to watch the Olympic games, he loves penguins, etc... He said, "I can't write that I have 3 brothers or that would totally give me away". He is probally right on that one. Tanner used circle punches, Stickles, markers, Google eyes, & many other fun crafting supplies.

Carter had to turn in his ALL ABOUT ME poster too. We used photos & he then drew some of the pictures. One of the fill in the blanks was about a wish...if you could have any wish granted, what would it be? His wish is to have his own room. He didn't wish for all the video games in the world or a big sack of candy, or to stay up past bedtime every night. All he wants is HIS own room. The only time I ever had my own room, in my entire life was when I nannied for Marie & family. Sorry Carter, you will just have to suck it up & continue to share with Tanner -LOL! It is not even like they fight a ton & that is why he would want his own room. Maybe just for the experience??? I shared a room with my 2 sisters for my entire childhood & teenage years. I just thought it was funny, out of all the wishes, that is @ the top of his list.


I am off to have a root canal. It is with a different dentist, One that I trust & feel confident with. Wish me luck. It has been a miserable two weeks dealing with the pain & the "OTHER" dental office. Have a wonderful afternoon!

8 comments:

katie said...

Good luck with the root canal. Make sure John gets you some really good ice cream to ease the pain. Love the back to school projects!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Cute projects! Can you help my kids?

I was so glad to hear that you shared with two sisters. We're thinking of letting all our girls share a room. The two older love sharing and we want the third to join in on the fun. We hope this helps them love each other more. Do you still like your sisters?

PS - Those flowers are purple passion flowers and they grow like crazy with NO help from me! Come check them out.

erin said...

Good Luck! Sorry to hear about your root canal- not fun. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

you've been tagged!!
check out my blog for the details

Stephanie said...

I hope you finally get some tooth relief. Let me know if you need anything!! I think your original dentist should be financially responsible for the root canal that he caused. Just my 2-cents-worth.

Laurie said...

I am so sorry about the root canal! Speedy recovery!

I wish I was a talented as you...my kids never have the fabulous all about me posters. I, scratch that I mean my boys each have to make one of them this weekend. I have a blank white poster board staring me down.

Mamarazzi said...

first of all i HATE dental pain...yowzers!

those boys of yours are adorable. love the All About Me posters for both of them. way too cute!

today was our first day back...let the fun begin!

Eve said...

Looks like the boys had a good day! What fun projects they get to do!
So far HW has been easy this week- but I know the FLOOD is coming!