Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's for dinner?

Another yummy recipe! This one is from my friend Jan. She is ALWAYS trying out new recipes & is wonderful about sharing them with me! We had these for dinner tonight. They are yummy & very easy to make. The best part is that you can feed an army with this recipe or just have yummy left overs for a few days.

Chicken and rice grilled burritos

1 lb. chicken (boiled & shredded)
1 cup mild salsa
1 pkg. Taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups rice
Flour Tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese

In sauce pan, combine 4 cups water,salsa and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes stirring occasionally or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in chicken. Heat griddle. Spoon 1/3 cup mixture and some cheese into flour tortillas-roll like a burrito. Grill on both sides until brown.
Our family likes to add sour cream, more salsa & guacamole on top!
Enjoy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so yummy! We had them when we went camping with my family last month. A double batch made about 40 burritos. Enough for a small army or a bunch of teenagers.

Lisa P.

Stephanie said...

Those sound REALLY good. I'm going to have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing.

katie said...

I tried this recipe when you sent it to me sometime last year and we've loved it ever since. It's one thing I KNOW that when I make it, everyone will eat it. Thanks!

Kerrie said...

yummo! I'll have to try those. I have made those gooey brownines like three times already! I thank you for your recipes, my family thanks you, my beehive class thank you, my derriere does not!

Mamarazzi said...

YUMMY!!

tonight Jordan asked if she could have cereal and a banana for dinner.

i said yes, i am easy like that, but she was shocked...it's like she was testing me...don't call my bluff sistah!

erin said...

I love this recipe. Jan's are always the best! I actually got it from Meridee (who got it from Jan). She made these for dinner one night when we were visiting in UT. I've been making them ever since and, yes, they make a TON! We always have lots left over, so I use these for nights when I need to take a meal to someone. I made them when a girlfriend had her 5th baby. Even w/ a teenager, she said that it was great because they had enough left over for lunches that week. They heat up really well in the microwave the next day!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the recipe, that is exactly what we will be having for dinner. That's one of those recipes that you usually have all of those ingredients in the house already. PERFECT!

Amy said...

Thanks! I cant wait to try these- it has everything I love!