Friday, August 8, 2008

Picnic in the park


I am a few days behind in my blogging & recording our adventures. I am back down to four children, my own. I met up with Amber & returned her children to her yesterday afternoon. Thank you so much for letting us have them for a few days. Everyone played so well together, we really did have a great time. Yesterday morning, (before meeting up with Amber) I took the boys to the cement slide park & we had a picnic lunch. All of the boys, even Brody had an excellent time racing down the slides. The boys would take turns holding him on their laps. He loved it. We had the slides all to ourselves for about 20 minutes & then a daycare with about 10 children showed up. That was our cue to head out.









I was so mad when we arrived @ the slides. There is now graffiti & a disgusting picture drawn on
the slides. Some kids had the nerve to tag up the slides. Where in the world are their parents & why didn't they teach them to color on paper? Thinking about it today still chaps my hide. Come on, really??? Why do they feel the need to draw on public property??? One of the tags (in pink) looked like a girls handwriting, she had misspelled something & then took the time to scratch it out-making it look 100 times worse. I am amazed that our cities still create new parks (I am grateful they do) for our children to play at when the ones we have can't be used/taken care of properly. Sorry for the vent, I left there feeling so frustrated & disgusted. Okay, I am getting off my soap box right now.
I hope you all have a happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend. I am off to watch the fashion show that is happening in my family room right now. The boys are trying on their new school shoes/clothes. They are so excited for school on Monday & I am too-LOL We get to head over to the school @ 5 pm & see who their teachers are.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I agree. It makes me mad also that these teenagers pay no attention to the damage they create. GRRRRR.

We love the concrete slides too!

erin said...

We love the cement slides too! Always a family favorite especially when we lived in town w/ Amy and her huge family! Hours of entertainment & many big family FHE nights too (felt bad that in all of our trips I never took any pictures- yours are so fun)! I agree about the vandalism... what is the thrill in destroying what others enjoy. UGHHH!

Anonymous said...

Raimi, my boys had a fabulous time! They have recounted their favorite parts and all the funny things that happened. Thank you so much for being so brave and giving my boys a fun little vacation with your family. I hope that when my boys bathroom is complete, we can have your boys come and stay for a few days! My boys would love to show your boys their stomping grounds. Hugs and kisses to all of you!

~amber

Mamarazzi said...

love the cement slides, they look like a whole lot of fun!

bummer about the grafiti!

i am back after a bloggy break coming to catch up and soak in your bloggy goodness!

Jacqueline said...

Those slides look like so much fun. I think we'd better make a trip to California and check them out!

Anonymous said...

How fun i remember those slides!!! i am so glad your family will have those memories too...
you will have to get them all to the drive-ins soon so they can have those memories also.

Annie said...

wow, 7 boys! plus your husband! you are amazing! what fun...we really need to come to california!!! one day:)

bwee said...

These concrete slides look amazing!

Where is this located?