Saturday, August 2, 2008

Successful

Eve & I were successful @ obtaining our Breaking Dawn books last night.



We arrived @ Barnes & Noble @ about 10 pm. There were a ton of people there. Eve & I quickly realized that we were probably the oldest people there actually buying the book. There were lots of Moms trailing their teeny boppers but we discovered that we were the minority by the stamps that were placed on every ones right hand. We felt old. The evening was complete with lots of activities, the two hours passed quickly. There were trivia games for the previous 3 books, a werewolf, a character look alike contest, a wedding chapel, teams Edward & Jacob running around, & even a wedding cake.

We didn't have any cake, all of the red frosting kind of looked scary. There was lots of people watching to do too. Some of these kids really got into character. This bride won 1st place in the costume contest. We paid for our copies around 12:30 am & hit the road to go home. I could not stand around waiting for a book for two hours last night w/out reading some of it before heading to bed. So I read the entire thing...just kidding. I read the first chapter & dozed off to sleep.

Sadly enough, we have been so busy today, that I have not been able to read any more of my book. We have had the primary talent show, shopping, & yard work to attend to. I am hoping I can really get into it tonight.
The Primary talent show made for a fun morning. Tanner performed soccer moves & Carter told jokes. I am always in awe of my boys. I would have never, ever in a million years stood up in front of a crowd & told jokes or showed off my soccer skills (especially the soccer moves I did not have). Carter looked so comfortable up there. He told us afterwards that he was so nervous. His favorite joke from the morning was "What color is a burp"? Drum roll please..."BURPLE" of course! Let me know if you have a favorite joke that I can pass on to Carter for next years talent show.


Tanner did two very quick soccer moves & sat down. The only picture I was able to snap was very blury, hence no picture. He said he got stage fright right before. We have some very talented children in our ward. Many displayed art projects, Lego creations, piano #'s, & some leaders even performed a tap dance # to Blue Suede shoes.

Jamie & Connie rocked the tap shoes. Gerald even played the banjo & sang a song. It was a fun morning. Thanks Julianne, Steph, & Jamie for a successful morning that the whole family enjoyed.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was SO fun to see your boys perform today. I thought Carter's jokes were funny and he sure hammed it up. Glad you could squeeze in the Talent Show during your busy day. Brody sure had fun with his balloon!

Meridee said...

What a cute idea for a primary activity. Let me know what you think about the book when you finish it tomorrow! You looked really cute at the book store.

Jacqueline said...

Whitney is holed up in her room right now reading the book. I'm sure I won't see her until tomorrow!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

have fun reading it. I wrote my thoughts about the book on my blog.

Morgan said...

Raimi! I am so excited to find your blog! I just finished my book the other day - let me know what you thought of it because I had my own thoughts on the whole thing. Glad to get a chance to keep up on your family!

Mamarazzi said...

oh how i miss the days of being in a FUN and ORGANIZED Ward...i try, but people here just are NOT interested. sad.