Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chocolate Crackles
These are some of our family's favorite cookies. I made them as an after school snack for the boys yesterday. BTW-I did not have a single one :). These have got to be the easiest cookies to make. They remind me of when John & I were dating. We used to spend Sunday nights with our friends, playing games @ the Tate's. Chris' Mom, Pat would make these by the dozens for all of us! Great memories.


Chocolate Crackles
*preheat oven to 375 degrees

1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
1/2 cup of oil
2 Tbs. of water
2 eggs, slightly beaten
powdered sugar

In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, oil, water, & eggs with a fork. Roll dough into balls (walnut sized). Pour powdered sugar in to a separate bowl. Roll each cookie in powdered sugar & place on cookie sheet(un-greased). Bake for 9-10 minutes. Leave on cookies sheet to cool & then transfer to a cooling rack. I will then sprinkle a little more powdered sugar on top of each cookie.


These are so yummy! Enjoy!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

These look so good! I think I'll have to make these for the kids' first day of school in a few weeks. You could also add Christmas sprinkles for an easy Christmas Cookie Swap!

Thanks for sharing!
Lisa

Tami said...

these look yummy and easy. got to love that. Thanks for your kind words, yesterday. I may be thanking you agian, in a day because I seem to forget that I have thanked people and I don't want to miss thanking them. So apparently you didn't really need to hear my brain continue this conversation with it's self. I am going now.

Kerrie said...

yea! Another great recipe! Do you guys keep in touch with any of the Tate's?

Raimi said...

Hey Kerrie!
John & Chris keep in touch & chat often! We get Christmas cards from Tom & Pat & Toni & Scott's family. We haven't heard from Randy in a LONG time.

Eve said...

Thanks for sharing Raimi!
I too made CC cookies for my kids- but managed to burn them because I was updating the blog!
Haha
They ate them anyway!
Giggles,
~Eve

Julie@My5monkeys said...

those look yummy

Stephanie said...

Thanks for another yummy recipe. I've already added it to my recipe file on my computer along with the picture you added.

You're such a nice mom. I haven't made any cookies for my boys for an after-school treat in a long time. I just might have to get on that one!!

Laura said...

WOW, this looks yummy for DH anyway. It was great seeing you tonight @ GT. Here is my blog http://webmasons.blogspot.com/. =)

Lisa Dones said...

My 87 year old neighbor makes these for our family, I burn every baked thing i attempt, so thank goodness for her and chocolate crackle cookies :o)

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you posted this...i remember when you brought them in to share once and i loved them...

katie said...

I know I'd eat them all before my girls got home from school. Thanks for the recipe. Keep them coming!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Hey, I just had these at Julianne's! She made them well. Thanks Raimi. They were delicious.

Lisa Dones said...

Thanks for your sweet post, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend, and its a sale day!!!

Erin Corbridge said...

We made these and they were a hit with the entire family. I didn't put the sugar on them with the first batch so the girls loved the surprise of sugar with the second batch. Thanks for the yummy recipe!