Monday, August 25, 2008

randomness

We have had a busy couple of days, hence the lack of blog posts. I thought I would post a few random things from our week, the things we are digging & enjoying.

1. Carter's basketball team won their first playoff game last night. I missed it because I am the Make & Take girl @ Green Tangerines on Monday nights. I had no idea if they would make it to the playoffs or not(so I did not request the time off). Carter came running into Green Tangerines last night, all sweaty & stinky to tell me ALL about it. He was so excited & so cute. It MADE my night. He had asked John to swing by the store so he could give me the news. They won their game tonight & play on Friday. Way to GO!

2. I bought Brody's Halloween costume yesterday. Yes, you read that right. It is still August & my baby has his costume. I also found his Halloween t-shirt today @ Gymboree, it is so stinkin' cute! I love Halloween & I can't wait for him to wear it! I even bought him the matching socks :)!

3.Garrett starts preschool on tomorrow! Can you hear the angels singing??? I can sure can! He is all giddy about his new bucket & new shoes. Ummm yeah...his shoes used to be new. He got them when Tanner & Carter went back to school two weeks ago. He has worn them everyday. Yeah, those Vans don't look so new anymore.

4. I am loving the Katie Herzig, Weightless CD that I purchased off Amazon this month. I really like the sound of her voice.

5. I am not enjoying the new start time for school this year. The boys start @ 8:55 (20 minutes later than last year). It just makes our mornings drag. My boys are early risers & we have the NO TV, NO video game policy in the mornings @ our house.

6. John & I went out on a much needed date on Saturday night. We went to Costa Vida for dinner & then hit Wal*Mart to do our grocery shopping. What a night out on the town! Sounds exciting doesn't it?? Hey, I take what I can get. We were going to see a movie but our sitter was 45 minutes late. Oh well! It was still fun to have an adult conversation for 3 hours! Thanks sweetie!

7. I turned in my October class sample for my soccer album class & the LO's I was in charge of for the 12 weeks of Christmas @ the store. All of the calendar pages look great. It is going to be an awesome 12 weeks at Green Tangerines.


8. I want to paint my scrapbook room! I am down to two color choices. I just need to move all of the crap, (ugh)I mean stuff that i love out of there so I, (ugh)I mean John can paint for me. I have little hands that like to touch all of the things they are not supposed to. I am not even sure where I can store it all while we paint.


9. The price of gas is going down (a little). It only cost me $85.oo to fill my tank this morning. Isn't that sad that that makes me happy?! I am just happy that it didn't hit the $100 mark this week.

10. It took me an hour & a half to clean Tanner & Carter's room tonight. I was not a happy camper. I just don't know where all of the stuff comes from. I cleaned out the closet & even under the beds. It looks great & it better stay that way-LOL! They try to blame it all on Garrett. Garrett likes to sneak in there while they are @ school & play with their things. Trust me, it was not all Garrett.


11. I got to chat on the phone with one of my dear friends from the Bay Area this weekend. It was so GREAT to hear her voice. She is one amazing lady. I just want her to know that I miss her & that I think she is incredible. Love you F!

I hope your week has gotten off to a great start! I am so ready for Fall & cooler weather.

9 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

the first time i heard Katie Herzig was on your play list. i love your choice of music. it is all stuff i would totally pick for myself. i have even gone and purchased itunes after hearing something on your playlist. did i ever tell you that? i meant to.

ANYWAY...

i am ready for Fall too. I LOVE Halloween and i am sad that J doesn't want to dress up this year, i am hoping she changes her mind, her dad thinks she will. a whole room for scrapbooking?!? oh you lucky girl you!! we went on a "date" to the market tonight while J was at YW's...it was actually really nice. I usually go to the market either alone or with jordan...so it was fun!

sounds like lots of fun stuff going on...congrats on less kiddos undrfoot for a few hours a day...oh what will you do with all that quiet time!?

Lisa said...

Raimi, I love how you listed the things from your week that you've been enjoying! With me thinking of doing my own blog, I was happy to see that I don't need to post pictures with every entry -- just write. I can do that!

Thanks for sharing your week!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Raimi!

Thanks for mentioning me. I really loved to hear your voice too. Sent you an e-mail. I have a new flower stamp set I want to play with this weekend to make a birthday card for me daughter. I am officially a SU! demonstrator..just for myself. Fianlly caved and am getting benefits for me!

Love You,Free

Eve said...

You are crackin' me up!
First of all only people with 4 kids can understand why you would go to Walmart to shop for a date! Hahaha I can not tell you how many times Rob and I have ended up there. Wasn't is like the best experience ever? No kids...ahhh
See you Sat!

katie said...

Raimi....loved this post. I too have been looking on EBAY for halloween costumes lately. I'm not such a fan of the holiday but if I can find the costumes for cheap, it makes me feel better.
As for your date night.....identical to ours. We went to dinner and ended up at Wal-Mart to grab a few things. Why? Truly, only those with a bunch of kids can understand!

Lisa said...

Yeah, for preschool!! We are happy too.
I can't wait to see your calendar pages. When does that start?
We've had gymnastics and soccer, so I've missed make-n-take lately.
Have a great week!!!

Stephanie said...

Loved reading your list. I think we live parallel lives! Yeah, we've ended up at WalMart to top of date night many o' times. People with kids understand this one ; no explaination required! Oh and I NEED to go through my older two boys' room -- it's a pit and clothes keep piling up. It's unreal. I'll get to adding that to my list ....

Anonymous said...

what colors are you picking from...i can't wait to see it done...

erin said...

So funny...I had spent all day cleaning (and it felt great) then I went into the boys' room tonight and laid down the law just before sitting down to read your post! I'm determined that room will be cleaned on Saturday! I swear, I spend all that time organizing and it seems their "treasures" (random strings, paper airplanes-the ones too good to through out, etc...)multiply overnight. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one w/ this challenge!