Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our week...randomness style

We have had a very relaxing weekend! So much so that I have stayed in my pj's all day long. I love when it is a General Conference weekend. These kind of weekends seem very few & far between...but I sure am LOVING it! Here is a little randomness from our week/weekend!

First off, can I just say "I LOVE FALL". This is the first weekend it finally felt cool. I wore a long sleeved zip up sweatshirt on Friday & even wore jeans(not Capri's) yesterday morning to the soccer game. I think it time to pull out the Fall decorations. This is my all time favorite season.


I was able to scrapbook on Friday night with friends @ Green Tangerines. We were able to scrapbook from 5pm to midnight. I totally meant to bring my camera but forgot. I was able to get two Christmas presents (well) underway & that feels good. I have decided that all of the Christmas crafting will be done by Dec. 1st. I really want to enjoy my holidays this year.

Soccer Saturday was fabulous! We had two 9 am games. While I did not get to watch Carter play, both games were done by 10 am-YAY! I think that contributed to the relaxing weekend. Carter's team won 4 to 0 & two of those goals were Carter's. Way to GO Carter.You can click on each photo to make them bigger, I am not sure why they are so small.




Here is the team banner that John designed. He then had a company in Long Beach make it. It turned out AWESOME!


Tanner's team had another loss, 6 to 0. The boys were so bummed. Tanner played REALLY well. He had 3 of the 4 shots on goal & they were so close to making it in the net. I was proud of him & his determination.

Brody started shrieking during the soccer game yesterday! I took him for a walk around the perimeter of the field & he was being so funny I had to snap a few photos. This is what I get when I say "smile":

or sometimes I will get this:

If you ask him where his head is, you will get this:

If you ask him about his ears, you get this. You pray he shows you his ears & not your own(he pulls pretty hard -lol).

I love this baby boy, shrieking & all.

I made $236.00 @ the Green Tangerines Trash to Treasure sale last weekend! I am so stoked. That is $236.00 worth of store credit @ the scrapbook store & $236.00 worth of "STUFF" out of my scrapbook room. Gotta love that!

I walked on my treadmill for 85 minutes last night. I was able to catch the Notebook on TV & it made my walking time go fast. The Notebook is one of my all time favorite movies.

Tanner has been bugging,I mean asking me to help him create a soccer binder. He wants a place to keep his schedules, game plans, & photos. We have made two trips to the scrapbook store to pick out paper, embellishments & an album. This is what we have worked on so far.



He picked out the photos, helped place gingham ribbon down the side & then I helped him adhere the photos to the cover of his album. He then Mod Podged the entire thing & once it dried he added epoxy soccer stickers. He is doing an awesome job. He keeps saying "lets go back to your scrapbook room to work on my book". Too funny! He is so like me...once I start something, I want to work on it until it is complete.


I can't wait to pick up the Sunday paper. We don't get the paper delivered so I have to wait till tomorrow. I can't wait for my money saving assignment this week. I will keep you posted. Okay, i think that is enough randomness for one post. Are you still reading @ this point-lol? If so, what did you do this weekend? Have a great week!

8 comments:

Tami said...

We had soccer too this saturday and today, just laying around. Good for you walking 85 mins. Woo Hoo Raimi!

Eve said...

I LOVE random postings Raimi!
Thanks for sharing your fun weekend!
That baby gets more beautiful everytime you post his picture!
BTW- GAP is doing a casting call- those eyes!

Barb said...

I love General Conference weekend too! Their is just a laid backness about it while have a great spirit as well.
Great soccer binder. Very cool.
Also - go to my blog and make a comment. I'm have a give away! I've insired me to have one with all of yours!

Stephanie said...

We enjoy Conference Weekend, too. We pull out the laminated Conference Bingo sheets and bags of candy. And we lounge around in pj's. I made the boys a big breakfast Sunday morning.

Great looking soccer binder. I can see why Tanner wants to get it done! Oh, and funny/cute pictures of Brody. I'll remember to not stand too close to him when he wants to tug some ears!!!

Annie said...

i've always found that if i have the t.v. on while exercising it makes it go A LOT faster! way to go!

i love all the pictures! you have a beautiful family!

katie said...

I wish we lived closer!

Lisa said...

Yes, this weekend was great!!! Broday eayes are so beautiful, watch out!
Friday night was fun!!
My kids won both their games. We had fun at a b-day party.
Sunday was relaxing and uplifting. Thanks for sharing.

Nikki Nichols said...

I just realized too that your title, it the same title we have as our website. Its Beckett's favorite song so far, I sing it to him all the time and he laughs every time I clap his hands together!