Friday, October 10, 2008

Randomness

I have just figured that the random posts are how I am going to stay caught up in the blogging world :). So much to say & not a ton of time to blog about them.
I started my morning off by hitting my local Walgreen's. Laina posted an incredible free/money maker deal for Walgreen's. It was all about the cleaning supplies today! I love cleaning supplies! I know...call me weird. When John & I got married, my Grandpa Shore gave us a 1 gallon/Costco size bottle of Windex with a card & $100.00 bill attached. Boy does he know me well :).Check out what I scored for free.

I printed the coupons from this site http://www.rightathome.com/offers/OctCoupons/Default.aspx.
If you take these coupons into Walgreen's, purchase your cleaning supplies, redeem coupons @ register, save your receipt & send away for your rebates=free products. Your local Walgreen's should have a Easy Money Saving booklet. All of the cleaning supplies are listed in that booklet & after you send away for your rebate, your supplies are FREE! I am loving these little shopping challenges. I think I am becoming obsessed! Thanks Laina. Please see Laina's site for more details & how to's.

Mr. Brody learned how to get out in the backyard all by himself. I was curling my hair this morning & realized the house was way too quiet. I went to look for him & this is what I found:

He had used his dump truck to reach the lock on the slider. He unlocked the door & headed outside. This is where I found him.


He was one happy boy jumping on the trampoline. We won't talk about the butter dish he climbed up onto the counter to get. This is just my life right now :).

Have I mentioned what wonderful friends I have? I received this piece of happy mail in last nights mail.

My dear friend Steph sent me this card in the mail. I love getting snail mail, it made my day. Thanks Steph.

Our family was BOO'ed last night. My boys were so excited. SHHHH...don't tell my neighbors but we BOO'ed them & they Boo'ed us right back-LOL! My boys love this Fall tradition.

I hesitate in even posting this...I am always afraid I will jinx myself-LOL. As of this morning, I have lost 19 pounds. I was just a few ounces shy of hitting the -20 lb. mark. I am so excited & so proud of myself. After 4 babies in an 8 year span, it is time to focus on myself again. I entered a contest, Race to a Waist 8 weeks ago. I would link you to the site but it is just for the members who registered. I have 4 more weeks to shed as much weight as I can. The grand prize is $500.00 cash. That $500.00 cash would come in handy...but most of all, I am so pleased with the 19 pounds I have lost. Cash or no cash, I will continue to work on this after the challenge is over. This challenge was just what I needed. So please cheer me on so I don't jinx myself for putting this out for the public world to see :).

We are looking forward to the weekend! Only one soccer game to attend tomorrow...woot-woot! Hope your weekend is a happy one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raimi! Is there a link to Laina's blog? I HATE to clean, but I love to buy the supplies--and love a bargain even more! I can't believe all the stuff you got.

That pic of Brody on the trampoline is priceless! You can just feel his excitement at being "free". (But HOW the heck did he get up on the trampoline???)

Jacqueline said...

Congrats on the weight loss Raimi -- maybe it will happen to me because you are working so hard! Going to go to Walgreen's and try your coupon and rebate challenge. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! that's so awesome raimi!

ps. bri used to escape as well. she would sneak out the front door and walk to my best friends house (she was just two doors down but still, yikes!)

pss. i hope you at least stop by the store tonight during the pow wow because i made you a little tiny something :)

erin said...

GO RAIMI!!!!! Way to go on the 20 lbs. That is a great accomplishment & you definitely should be proud of yourself. It does seem that when your kids are little it is too easy to serve everyone but yourself. Good Luck!

lorelie said...

Love all these tips! And YAHOO to you for your 19 lbs lost! That is truly fantastic. Whatever you are doing perhaps you could share it with the rest of us. =]

Also, on a side note, I just wanted you to know that I've been listening to your playlist for the last 2 1/2 hours while working on church stuff. Your choice in music is fantastic! Some of my very favorite songs are on there...like "Let's Make a Memory," which I thought I was alone on! Sure miss you. Oh, and in case I lose track of time, Happy Early Birthday! You are one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

mj said...

Nice work Raimi!

Unknown said...

Oh - that reminded me to tell Steve that we need a latch higher up on our front door because Sam has figured out how to get out of our house ... OH NO!!!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

WOW! Way to go Raimi! That's a big accomplishment.

katie said...

Love the tramp picture. He looks so proud of himself. And way to go on almost 20 pounds! I think that's great!

Stephanie said...

Way to go on the weight loss!! Awesome!

I, too, just love the picture of Brody on the trampoline! Frustrating, but cute!

Glad you liked the card =)

Meridee said...

You rock! Way to go on the weight loss. You do deserve it. I sure love ya!