Thursday, October 16, 2008

Two little pumpkins


We enjoyed a fun morning @ the pumpkin patch with Garrett's preschool pals. This patch/farm is one of our favorites.


I love all of the yummy colors that can be found @ the patch.
I can't even begin to tell you how many of our mornings, for the last three weeks have started with Garrett asking if it is time for his field trip. So when he woke up this morning, I said "Garrett, today is your field trip(before he could even ask the question)". His eyes got huge & he asked "today is my field trip"? The smile that followed was even BIGGER!

We enjoyed a train ride & a hayride out to the patch. We actually got to pick our pumpkins off the vine-I love that. Here is the pumpkin that Garrett ended up with.

Brody had so much fun running from pumpkin to pumpkin. He had to pat each one.

He then realized that they were like a ball. He then began to pick up the smaller ones & tried to throw them. He loved the patch so much. At one point, he was flat on his tummy & began to make dirt angels...NICE! No photos, I was trying to get him off the ground.

The boys were able to feed & pet some of the baby goats.
The huge jersey cow scared Brody. Kind of funny since it is one of the animals he walks around mimicking. I think the real life "MOO" scared him. He started to cry. In Brody's defense, the cow was HUGE!

Next we watched the chicken show that Mother Goose narrated
& the pig races. According to Garrett, pig #4 won. Not sure if pig #4 really won or that he just thinks the #4 is a big deal because he is 4 years old. A few us us Moms enjoyed some lunch while the boys ran in & out of a retired train, played in the sand & went on the slides. IT was a great morning. I love to watch my little pumpkins run around & have a great time!

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

what a fun morning! I love this time of year!

Meridee said...

I love the Bishop's farm. I wish we could've gone!

katie said...

With my girlies off track now, we've GOT to hit the pumpkin patch. Cute boys!