Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday (times 3)

Just wanted to wish a few special people a very Happy Birthday today!

Today is my brother, Tyson's birthday. He is the baby of the family. I still remember the day he was born. Amber & i had just returned home from school & knew something was up with our Mom. She hurried & got us ready for our ballet lessons. A friend of my Mom's picked us up & took us to & from ballet. I remember not wanting to go to ballet. I was very worried about my Mom. When we returned home from ballet, we discovered that my Mom had gone to the hospital. She had been in labor when we got home from school. Several hours later, we were please to learn that we had a new baby brother. Years later, I learned that my Mom almost lost her life while delivering baby Tyson. She had lost a ton of blood. I am so grateful that she recovered :). So grateful for both of their lives today! So today, I wish my baby brother, Tyson a very special Happy Birthday! We can't wait to see him & celebrate his BIG day next week.
{my brothers, Brandon & Tyson}

Tyson shares a birthday with my Aunt Carla.

{Aunt Carla is on the far left, then my cousin Kerstin & my Aunt Pam}
Carla is my Mom's sister. She has always been a 2nd Mom to me. I lovingly refer to her as the energizer bunny! She is constantly on the go & is always doing nice, wonderful things for other people. She ran a half marathon last week. Isn't that awesome for a 62 year old??? She really is a spring chicken. Love you Aunt Carla! Thank you for all you do for our entire family. We hope your day is great.

Last on the birthday list for Oct. 13th is Marie Osmond. I had the wonderful opportunity to work for Marie. I was the nanny for her children...back in the day when she only had 4 :). I lived with their family & traveled back & forth between Utah & LA with the kids while she worked on her sitcom, Maybe this Time. She is one amazing lady who never ceases to amaze me. She is kind, generous & just a really nice person! Happy birthday Marie!
I am not sure why this scrapbook page(from back in the day(we are talking 13 years ago) scanned in black & white instead of color-go figure)

October is a busy month with many birthdays! Please help me wish these amazing people very special Happy birthdays!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Yeah! Happy birthday cuz Tyson and Aunt Carla! Luvs to you!

Morgan said...

Those scrapbook pictures are crazy - so how did you end up nannying for Marie Osmond? Are you still in contact with her or the kids? How old were you? It is like I don't even know you ! :P

Stephanie said...

I noticed that it's Marie's birthday from the paper today. She's gorgeous! I bet it's easy to remember all 3 birthdays since they are on the same day.

Holly said...

Today is a popular day for birthdays! Its also Kaden's birthday.

Jacqueline said...

Happy Happy Birthday to all Raimi's loved ones! And from one Marie nanny to another -- Thank you for not having any more pictures of Brian on that page than you did!!! And how come you look even better now than you did then -- how'd you do that?!

katie said...

Happy birthday Carla and Tyson! We miss you! And yes....you should do a "Marie" post.

Anonymous said...

I sit at my work desk and feel weepy. I felt lonesome all over again for when you were away on the Marie stint. And Mom (grandma) has pointed out before that October 13th was a scarey day for her daughters. She almost lost Carla at birth and almost lost me giving birth...so we respect that day and are grateful for blessings.

erin said...

Who knew about your total "brush with fame" Hollywood connection? I'm learning new things about you all the time. I have to believe your family is as neat as you are! Now I know that the "Energizer Bunny" thing is genetic. That's how we all feel about you! You amaze me with all the things you do, and do so well, all the while being a great mom and wife.

Meridee said...

You failed to mention that Marie made a "Raimi" doll. You are famous!