Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Birthday Goodness

My 34th birthday was simply amazing! My Mom & sisters, Amber & Sommer showed up on my porch @ 10 am. We decided to eat an early lunch. We enjoyed Costa Vida-YUM! Then we hit one of the local Targets for some retail therapy. Next stop was the movie theatre. We saw The Secret Life of Bees. It was a great movie to see with my Mom & sisters. We laughed & cried through the entire thing. John is thanking his lucky stars that I saw this one with my girls. If you have not read the book, put it on your list. They did a great job casting this movie. After drying our eyes, we headed to the mall for some more retail therapy! I came home with a new shirt & necklace. As of late, it is all about the accessories. I am so glad my Mom & sisters made the trek up this way to spend the day with me. It was exactly what I needed. Thanks girls.


When I arrived home, I was greeted with many thoughtful gifts, phone messages, emails & text messages that my friends had left for me. Thank you so much! I received home made muffins, gift cards (for Itunes, Home Goods, Old Navy), fun new Fall decorations, a plant, personalized note cards, cards, etc... I feel so loved & spoiled. Thank you!


If that wasn't enough, I went to log on to my blog & see the birthday post from my hubby...talk about sweet & melt my heart. He said it only took him a few tries to get my password right. I guess I am very predictable-LOL! Poor guy, he said he had just finished a long post & lost it! Lucky me, he tried again. I loved reading all of the birthday wishes. Thank you!


This was a self portrait @ the end of the day! We always forget to have the kids snap some photos of us! We decided to do it ourselves.

We ended the night with Chili's "to go" & birthday cake. I love when my boys sing Happy Birthday! They always throw in the extra Cha-cha-chocolates! I so enjoyed my birthday & felt so loved. Yeah for birthdays & wonderful friends & family.


9 comments:

Eve said...

Perfect day for sure!
Love your hair in the last pic- it looks adorable!
I want to go see that movie too- as I read the book awhile ago.
I will probably have to wait till DVD - since like you said I don't think I can get Rob to pay 10.00 a ticket to watch it!
Glad you had such a wonderful day!

The Marsden 6 said...

What a cute picture of the Davis Girls. Sounds like a great day!

Barb said...

Happy Birthday Raimi!! Sorry I didn't wish a Happy Birthday on the last post of John's but this is the first I got to it. My kids are sick and Ryan's out of town.
Looks like you had a great day. Hope the next year is just as great!

Meridee said...

You look great! Your face looks so slender. Way to go! You need to post more updated pictures of yourself. I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday.
hugs

katie said...

Hooray for birthday celebrations with mom and sisters. Especially when good food and shopping are involved.
Hope it was a great day!

erin said...

Wow! I'm with Meridee. The first thing I noticed was how great you are looking in these pictures! Keep up the good work. Your efforts are showing. Looks like it was a great day.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! This is Megan Stringham now Calaway. I found your blog through Jen Davis Packer. then from someone on hers and then it said Raimi and I thought the only Raimi I know is from my old ward and click here you guys are. My blog is www.calawayfamilylife.blogspot.com if you're bored. Looks like you've been busy but so much the same. Your hubby (who I know to from the YA ward and always hottubbing at my house) is so sweet to blog on your bday.

Lisa said...

What great pictures!! K wanted to know why she wasn't invited to your party. too cute!
Your face looks so thin in the pictures, hows the exercise going? Great job!!
I'm glad you had a wonderful day!!
I'm glad you liked the cards.
Happy Birthday, again!!!

Lisa Dones said...

Raimi, Happy belated bday! You look like a teenager! You weightloss really shows in your face! Congrats!!