Thursday, October 9, 2008

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 c. shortening
1 egg
1 c. applesauce
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 bag of milk chocolate chips

Mix all of the ingredients together using electric mixer. Add choc. chips last & mix by hand. Drop by the spoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!!!

I think these cookies will always remind me of my Mom & my sister, Amber. It seems like they are always making a batch of these cookies for some party, friend, or neighbor. They scream Fall to me. I don't know if it is the applesauce/cinnamon combination-who knows??? I made them for the 1st time this week. I gave the plate of cookies away to a friend before I remembered that I needed to snap a photo for the family recipe book & for the blog. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you'll just have to make another batch & take a picture. I'm sure your family wouldn't mind. ;)

Lisa P.

Stephanie said...

I love getting new recipes. They sound delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

hi raimi...remember in chicago...when we were talking about blogs...and you knew of a website that would bind your blogs for you, and make it a book...would you be able to get that to me...thanks
-brandigirl

Mamarazzi said...

mmmmmmmm...you DO have my address right? i wouldn't mind at all if pop a batch of those in the mail for me.

(no walnuts...i will DIE, not kidding)

was this request bossy enough? i am not a baker...like. at. all.

i might try these...unless you send them...then i will just snarf those.

Eve said...

Raimi-
These sound too good not to try!
Thanks for sharing!
Kindly,
~Eve

katie said...

I think I'll be trying these soon! Thanks.

Julie said...

cookie recipe sounds awesome...I will have to try it!