Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk or Treat

It's done!
It's over!
I am exhausted!
I am very thankful to all of those who helped!
I think everyone had a great time.
I know my boys did.



I am in charge of throwing the annual Trunk or Treat party for everyone at church. We figured we had about 250 people attend this year. A ton of time & effort went into pulling it off. Couldn't have done it w/out my helpful committee and great friends who know when to jump in & help. A huge thank you to Lisa P. for watching Brody & to Lisa H.

for doing a ton of everything last night. Love you girls. We had hot dogs, homemade chili & cornbread for dinner. The children enjoyed carnival stations that included face painting, a cake walk, cotton candy, fishing for prizes. a bean bag toss, pin the nose on the pumpkin, a spook alley & the doughnut eating contest. Due to the rain, we didn't trunk or treat from car to car or enjoy hay rides. We did everything but the hay rides inside. From what i could tell, it sounded like the kids had a great time. I know my older boys had fun & played hard. I think I saw them once the entire night. They all went out like lights as soon as their heads hit their pillows.
I'll leave you with a few of my favorite photos & costumes from last night!
Happy trunk or Treat!
















4 comments:

mj said...

yay! i am glad that it was a success. i was thinking of you while the rain was falling during our dinner with the missionaries. I was going to stop by (my friend Natalie and her family just moved into your ward) but we had to feed the missionaries. that treat table looked amazing!

Laurie said...

We have the same Packers costume. Jonah wears his every sunday during football season as he watches his games...

Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Raimi, it looks like a good time was had by all! I'm sure all your hard work was much appreciated.

And Oh.My.Gosh. Look at that CUTE lil' monkey!!! (Did he end up taking a real banana?)

Meridee said...

Way to go Raimi. It sounds like a ton of fun. I would feel pressure trying to pull of something as fun as Smiths house, and it sounds like you did it. Awesome job!