Sunday, November 9, 2008

random tidbits

We enjoyed a busy, crazy week. i thought i would highlight our experiences/happenings random style.

first & for most, i am very happy that Prop 8 passed. On the other hand, I am very sad & disappointed with those who think it is okay to vandalize our church buildings. Somebody thought it was okay to spray paint no on prop 8 with red paint on our building & the sidewalks. Enough is enough, this is so not acceptable & it makes me so sad. Again, tolerance is a two way street.

I was so excited when my total gas bill(filling up a Chevy Tahoe)was $59.53 on Friday. WOOT-WOOT! Need i say more?

I was able to attend Carter's harvest party. They had a Thanksgiving feast. I will have to post photos later. The room mom even made them cute pilgrim & indian hats to wear. So cute & festive. they enjoyed a full turkey meal and arts & crafts...my kind of party.

As of last Friday, my 12 week Race to a Waist challenge ended. While i was not the 1st place loser, i did manage to lose 25 lbs. i am extremely happy about that. i came in 6th place out of the 25 women who registered...not bad. We are going to start up another challenge in jan.. I will keep you posted just in case any of you want to join in on the fun!

One of my favorite friends in the whole wide world came to visit me on friday night. Michelle came up & we attended Scrappy Hour @ Green Tangerines. it was so much fun to have her here. i sure do miss her & wish we lived closer. I am trying to convince her that they need to buy the house that is for sale next door. That would be awesome.




We had our family photos taken on saturday. i am praying that there is one decent shot of everyone. i need a Christmas card photo. Brody did not want to hold still & Garrett was flashing one CHEESE-EY SMILE the entire time. Fingers are crossed. We finished our shoot just in time...It started to pour rain.

Soccer Saturday was fabulous. Tanner's team won 6 to 0. Tanner scored two of those goals & I even caught one of them on film. I love this shot. That is Tanner, #14. I love how he is off the ground celebrating & that you can see the ball in the goal. So exciting.


Carter's team won 2 to 0. Carter scored a goal. john was so impressed with his team. He said they played awesome & were playing their positions & passing the ball. Carter is in the white jersey in the photo below! Thanks to Regine for the awesome photos.




I have been busy making little scrapbooks for Carter's soccer team. 8 down, 5 to go. John will hand them out along with the boys trophies @ the team party on the 12th. I will post pictures once they are complete.

I had a very productive planning meeting for our church Christmas party tonight. we are buckling down & planning the festivities for our Nativity pageant and dessert bar. it should be a fun evening. I have a great committee & I am thankful for their help!

I am off to work on Soccer albums. Stayed tuned for my coupon post tomorrow. i scored a major deal this weekend. Don't forget to check out Laina's site. She is posting deals everyday...perfect for all of the upcoming holidays & baking.

Have a happy Monday!

6 comments:

Annie said...

you amaze me in all that you do!

i can't even watch the news about prop 8. it makes me so mad and sad. i could go on and on. i'll just keep praying:)

with gas so "cheap" it makes me want to go somewhere!!!

Stephanie said...

LOVE the picture of Tanner celebrating his goal! It's hard to believe that the soccer season is ending ...

It was so nice to meet Michelle. I hope you gals had a great time catching up.

Oh, and congrats on the 25 pound weight loss. That's a great accomplishment!!!

katie said...

Way to go on 25 lubs! Awesome! And gas here today....$1.99 regular unleaded. My dad called to tell me that we cna buy our suburban now. Ha.
You are one busy lady. Hope your pictures turned out. That's always stressful!

Jacqueline said...

Raimi, Way to go! U look mah-velous darling!

Anonymous said...

Raimi, hope you're feeling better today. Even though you weren't feeling well, you looked FAB yesterday!!! Your hard work is paying off! You *may* be inspiring me to dust off my treadmill. LOL!
Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 6th place for the race for the waist...