Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight review

I went, I saw! I know my Twilight post/review is a few days late. I went & saw the movie with a few of the girls from Green Tangerines. It started at midnight & I didn't get home until 2:45 am. Shouldn't have had that Diet Coke @ midnight:). It took me another hour to fall asleep & then i was up bright & early so I could start packing & getting my family ready for our weekend in Tahoe.

I am seeing reports & reviews claiming that the movie was CHEESY. While i do agree that there were some pretty corny lines/scenes, I will say that I really liked the movie. I do think that one needs to have read the book before seeing the movie. i felt like some of the scenes weren't developed really well in the movie as in the book. Stephenie Myer did a wonderful job describing characters, scenes & the setting! I know it must be hard to cram a 500 page book into 1 hour & 45 minute movie. I was really nervous about the actors casted for Bella & Edward's characters. After seeing the movie, i thought Bella was perfect & Edward grew on me...I like him. I will be adding this DVD to my collection when it comes out! I wonder how long I will have to wait for the next movie to come out...hopefully not too long!

Did you see the movie? What did YOU think of it?
**Kelly was the only one with the camera, i will add photos as soon as i get them from her.

6 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I liked it too. I had low expectations and overall I was smiling and enjoying the movie. Will definately be buying soon. I loved Edward Cullen even more, but they missed some things but overall it was good.

Barb said...

I saw the movie last night. I liked it too but I felt like they just shot the major parts of the book with "filler" in between and didn't really develope the story. I didn't really "flow". I really liked the base ball game and thought Edward Cullen was played wonderfuly. Rob Pat really has a way with those eyes.
I registered on the movies website and got an email today notifing fans that they were going ahead with New Moon and that Kristen and Rob had signed on to do it. So maybe next year for New Moon. I think that one might be better. I think I will buy the DVD too. Who knows I might like it more a second and third time through. But now that I've seen the movie I do like the soundtrack ALOT more.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

the movie was pretty good. I already watch twilight it twice. Actors were fantastic but the whoever directed it really sucked yeah.

Jyll said...

I so, so, so want to see the movie, but it's a little hard to get away for too long with a 4 month old:). Maybe while the in-laws are in town. Can't wait. I'm now barely finding time to read again and just started Breaking Dawn. After just a few pages I'm already hooked again. Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Annie said...

i enjoyed it. i think it is imopossible to expect them to cram the entire story in to two hours! some parts were cheesy, but, the movie is directed at young teens. their life is full of cheesy goodness! i will buy it too. i want to watch it again:)