Wednesday, November 12, 2008

lunch with grandma & grandpa

The boys school held an eat lunch with your grandparents day today! I am very grateful & thankful to my parents who drove some 130 miles each way to eat lunch with my boys! They were able to take grandma & grandpa into the Library to check out the Scholastic book fair where they each scored a new book!

Then they headed to the cafeteria where they enjoyed sandwiches from Togo's & Subway. My boys could not have been more excited to have grandma & grandpa there. They each enjoyed lunch with grandma & grandpa, one on one.




My parents were able to meet Tanner & Carter's teachers too. Tanner's teacher announced to my parents that Tanner had made the honor roll(results had just been released that morning @ school) with straight A's. They found out before I even did. That was exciting for them. Feeling grateful today that my parents could/were willing to drive 2.5 hours for a 30 minute lunch with their grand boys. Thanks for making my boys day! We love you!

4 comments:

Jen said...

How sweet of Sandy and Randy - I am sure your boys felt so special!

katie said...

I would love it if our school did this! How great. Great pictures of the ma and pa.

Stephanie said...

Contrats on making the honor roll, Tanner!

How awesome of Grandma & Grandpa. You guys are lucky to have them relatively close by. You can see how happy your boys are in their pictures.

The Marsden 6 said...

Oh, I love your parents, I really do!
I will never forget that they drove 4 hours to come to my wedding. It was such a great surprise to walk into the sealing room and see them sitting there, what a sacrafice they made.
I doubt I ever thanked them enough for that, will you pass the BIG "thank you" along?
I am so jealous that they live close enough that they can do that. I am already dreading "take your grandparents to school" day in kindergarten :(