Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2008 Election


The day is finally here! Have you been glued to your TV today? I haven't been able to watch much but it is on in the background now! This is always the exciting, nerve wracking part. I remember staying up till 4 in the morning waiting for the results when George Bush & Al Gore ran against each other. Little did I know I would have had to stay up for weeks to get those results :). I was able to head out & vote this morning. As I was driving over to my polling place, I become very emotional. As I drove, I passed MANY signs asking for our votes on certain measures, presidents, mayors, council people etc... I can't say it enough...I feel very lucky & blessed to live in a nation that lets me vote...a nation that lets my voice be heard. After leaving the polls, I ran errands. I became very emotional all over again as I saw a stretch of road, here in town that was covered with political signs. They were all YES on 8 signs.


There have been people on street corners waving their signs. People who are very dedicated to their causes. Two members of my church were injured last night in a car accident while waving signs on a street corner here in town. It was pouring rain. One of them is okay(hi Melinda-sending good thoughts your way)but very sore today. The other is in the hospital undergoing major surgery! My thoughts are with them & their families today. Maybe that is why I am so emotional...people standing strong for the things they truly believe in.

If you haven't had the chance to VOTE today, I encourage you to do it! It is a right that we are lucky to have & exercise. In all honesty, with all of the emotions I have experienced today & the activities of the last month, I can't wait for this historic election to be over. I just hope I don't have to wait for months to know the results.

In other happy news today, my friend Lisa H. surprised me with a Happy Tuesday present. She purchased the Twilight CD for me today! Do you like my self portrait in the car?I was/am so stinking excited. I have been listening to it as I run around & check errands off my list. Thanks Lisa!You are a wonderful friend. I appreciate you & our friendship! You made my day!


Have a wonderful election day/night! Don't forget to VOTE!

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Yay democracy! Even though I live in a mail-only district, I went in to a polling place to turn in my ballot - there is something about physically being in there that really makes you feel like a part of the process! Glad that you got a surprise gift today too - how fun.

Julie@My5monkeys said...

thats so cool. How is the Cd?

Stephanie said...

Amen! I'm glad we have a voice in this country. What a blessing.

Let me know how the CD is. I saw it on iTunes today. Can't wait for the movie to come out!!

Kerrie said...

I am an absentee voter but turned it in in person so I could have my sticker! who says stickers only work for preschoolers! i have inspired as well, as our family has been out countless times on many street corners. My prayers are with your friends.
p.s. I have been listening to my cd all day!

Holly said...

I felt very emotional today too!
I'll be so glad when this is all over.
Surprizes are so fun, you're so lucky to have such great friends!

Mamarazzi said...

i voted tooooooo!!

i have to admit i am not happy about the new president. i just pray that some of the uber important props...like 8 pass.

Anonymous said...

your 'i voted' sticker is much better looking than the one i got! but, i did it. congrats on prop 8! that is fantastic!

Barb said...

I have to admit that I'm feeling a little left out. I'm still a Canadian and can't vote. I've lived in the US for what 16 years now so maybe it is time for me to get my citizenship. But that's great you voted! Congrats on Prop 8!
My Twilight CD is on it's way from Amazon.com right now. How do you like it? Give us a review.

Lisa said...

Yeah!!!! I'm glad it's over too.
You're welcome, I'm glad you like it. I've been listening to mine too. 13 days til the movie!!!