Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's BACK

Yep, that's right, soccer Saturdays are here again. The men in my life could not be any more excited about the season. We got up bright & early to start our day with a 9am game. John rolled out of bed this morning & said "I am so tired. I didn't get very much sleep last night. I was too excited about the games today". My husband is too funny & way into this soccer thing! I then told him that I didn't have any problems sleeping through the night :). Tanner's select team had the 9 am game & they had a rough start to their season. They lost with a 5 to 1 final score. It broke their hearts. They played in several tournaments over the summer & did very well. They hardly lost a game. When you watch the video below, Tanner is # 14 (the top left of the screen) in green. He has the ball, looses it for a second, gets the ball back & has an awesome pass & his friend T nails it right into the goal (our only goal). It was very exciting!

Don't forget to pause the music & don't have your sound up too loud. WARNING**Excited Mom screaming...what can I say? I was proud of my boy!



Carter had a 10 am game & John is the coach. Tanner, Brody & I were a little late, about 15 minutes. By the time we showed up, Carter's team had already scored 5 goals. Holy smokes, those boys were on fire. I guess they made a goal in the 1st 30 seconds of the game. The forwards went right down the field, Carter passed it to his team mate P & he kicked it right into the goal. The final score ended up being 9 to 0. All of the boys rotated positions & lots of them scored goals today. It was so exciting & a great way to start the season off.

We are so proud of our boys & for their love of the game.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was a great pass caught on tape! Good job, Tanner. We were talking to our boys the other night about how JUST AS IMPORTANT (if not more) assists are as the actual goal kick. It wouldn't happen WITHOUT the assist most times.

J just LOVES coach John. It was a great game.

Jacqueline said...

Soccer Saturdays -- For a long time I didn't remember what we did on Saturday before Soccer. But they are fun to watch!

katie said...

How exciting Raimi....gotta love it. I wish our saturdays were more entertaining.

erin said...

Way to go Tanner. I love to read about the enthusiasm John and your boys have for their sports. We started soccer this week.....

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

WOW! Great job boys!

Eve said...

Looks like you have been busy! I am starting to see that soccer consumes the life- now till NOV!!!
I am trying a color challenge on my blog- I hope you play along!