Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Randomness

A few random things from our week.

Brody finally had his 15 month check up with the Dr.. He is 16 months old. He is at the top of the charts for his height, weight, & head circumference. Not a big surprise! He weighed in @ 29 lbs. 1 oz. The Dr. said that he is the size of a 25 month old. I thought it was cute when she said that people need to know how old he is so they don't expect too much from him. He is still a little guy even though his body says otherwise.


I love the picture(above)of him. He loves to sit in his little chair with his blankie & books. It is the only time you can find him sitting in one place. He even had the cabbage patch baby with him on this day! It was so sweet.

It feels good to have all of my excess scrapbook stuff marked & loaded into the car. i am taking it over to Green Tangerines later today for their Trash to Treasure sale. If you are in town, you should check it out. You can score some pretty cool things for killer prices.

John has been playing soccer @ lunch with some guys from Intel. It is a pretty big deal for these grown men. John called home to check on us after lunch. You could hear the excitement in his voice & he asked if I could please tell the boys (when they got home from school)that he had scored a goal during his game. He sounded just as excited as Tanner & Carter are when they score their goals. It was pretty cute!

I finished my Gratitude journal for my November class at Green Tangerines I can't share the whole project until after the class has happened... but I thought I would give you a peek of the cover. I included photos & LOTS of journaling on the inside. I created this journal using the Creative Cafe lucky line. They have this awesome colored chipboard that was used for the base of the book & then I used lots of their pattern papers & cardtock stickers,a transparency & embellishments. So far, each page(LO style) has a theme like family, John, my boys, friends, home, etc...I have always been an avid journal keeper & have been pretty good with the whole blog thing. I have wanted to create a Gratitude journal for some time now. I have wanted a place to record the simple & great things in my life that I am grateful for. Ihe cool thing about this journal is that it is bound with rings so I can add as many pages as I need/want to.

Tanner's teacher called home this week to see what day would work for me as far as helping int he classroom. She then proceeded to tell us that Tanner is a delight to have in her classroom. He is very well behaved & stays on task. It is always great to hear feedback like that. I am so proud of him & his desire to do his best.

The field trip day FINALLY arrived. Garrett, Brody, myself & our friends, Stephanie & Timothy headed up to the Safety Fair. Garrett has talked about this field trip all week. Since all of our boys have gone to the same preschool, this is my 6th year in a row heading out to this Safety Fair. It is a really fun,free morning for the whole family. The kids get to sit in the firetrucks. ambulances, tractors, & police motorcycles. The K-9 unit was out there too. This year, they were able to take a ride in the Cherry Picker & we even saw the helicopter land & take off again...very cool. They have a train ride, huge bubble tables & healthy snacks for the kids. Here are a few of my favorite photos from our morning.










Thank you for all of your kind comments & stories about kids & your adventures @ church. I know it is just a phase, one that i hope comes to a screeching halt :). I appreciate your kind words & support. Have a great weekend! What are your plans?

8 comments:

K said...

I came across your blog randomly and immediately could tell you were LDS but it was confirmed when I read Book of Mormon on your favorite books list. You seem like a wonderful mother! I love your blog!

Stephanie said...

Isn't it always nice to hear some great things about one of your kids from a teacher etc.?!

We were pretty tuckered out from the field trip. Despite that heat, it was pretty fun. T HAD to haul all of his loot upstairs for naptime. I insisted that the banana 'rest' on my dresser instead of being mashed into his bag! Thanks again for the ride!!!

Mamarazzi said...

CUTE pics...i love the gratitude journal.

Stephanie said...

btw: I would LOVE to learn how to make one of those gratitude journals. That would be great to pull out on those especially tough days. When is the class?

Morgan said...

You know, my baby Jonathan is huge too - actually, when we went in for his 15 month checkup (also late) he was measuring at 25 months too! I don't know about Brody, but Jonathan gets into all sorts of trouble at home because he is so big and can reach and do things that he shouldn't be able to yet. We should get them together to play!

Jacqueline said...

I love how creative you are! You are my creativity inspiration!

katie said...

That journal is very cute! And that little boy! I laughed because Matthew had his well check for his 2 year mark just two days ago and at 24 months, he's exactly 30 pounds. He and Brody weigh just about the same. Funny.

Anonymous said...

i love all these photos...i hope you had a better sunday yesterday...see you tonight.
-brandigirl