Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Recipe share

I am loving the crock pot this week. I have been in a rut lately when it comes to dinners. I blame it on all of the soccer practices...4 nights a week. It is hard to plan dinner & even harder to get it done early the day. Then I worry about keeping it warm until everyone gets home. My friend Jan, is the queen of trying new recipes.


















I am so thankful that she is so good about passing on her latest & greatest finds to me. She has saved dinner at our house this week. Thanks Jan!!
I thought I would share the most recent Crock Pot recipe.

Mandi Forester’s White Chicken Chili –
Rachel Ray winner 2009

Ingredients
• 1 32-ounce box chicken stock
• 3 cans white beans, left undrained
• 5 cups cooked chicken – (rotisserie or boiled) about 3 - 4 frozen chicken breasts
• 1 16-ounce jar salsa (I also add 2 cups Pico de Gallo)
• 1 small can chopped green chilies
• 1 8-ounce block pepper jack cheese, grated
• 2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Black or white pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips/ tortilla chips
• Sour cream, for garnish
Yields: 6 servings
________________________________________
Preparation
Place all ingredients except the corn chips in a crockpot. Cook on high until the cheese is melted.
Chili may also be cooked on the stove top over medium-high heat until cheese is melted.
When the chili is ready, add the crushed corn chips, if using, and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Garnish with more chips, cheese and/or sour cream and serve.
Can also do chicken in crockpot – put 5 frozen chicken breasts in crockpot for about 4 hours. Drain and then continue with recipe. I let my cook on low for a couple of hours. Definitely add the crushed corn chips to thicken it.

**I used 3 cans of Navy beans & tortilla chips. Make sure you have plenty of chips on hand for the kids to dip in their chili. This was yummy & perfect for the fall weather we are enjoying. Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

I love new recipes! Thanks!

lorelie said...

I love new recipes too! thanks for sharing it, especially since we definitely have fall weather here now =].

erin said...

Hurray for Jan!!! Someday I want to grow up to be just like her (and, yes, we love her recipes too)!

katie said...

I love all of the recipes you send my way! Thanks.

Meridee said...

Jan is the bomb! I love her recipes too! What a lovely picture of that lady.