Tuesday, October 20, 2009

** Answer from previous post...the picture was taken outside of Green Tangerines -LOL. I wish it were from somewhere more exotic. We were running errands, picking up my pay check on Saturday night. The sunset, against the palm trees in the parking lot was amazing. Doesn't look like Roseville, does it?

From sun up to sun down, my birthday was fabulous. I have truly been blessed with wonderful family & friends. I was showered with phone calls, emails, snail mail, Facebook messages, gifts, visits on my porch & lots of LOVE...all day long. This package of green goodness from my parents/siblings arrived just in time for my big day. I love my new green purse that my parents sent me :-).

















My morning started with lots of this. Don't forget to pause the music(on the left).


Talk about melt my heart :-). He is still singing it every time he sees my Salt City candle burning on the stove.



I met my friend, Jan for lunch at Cost Vida, YUM!!! It is always fun to visit with her. We actually had lunch to celebrate both of our birthdays. Jan's birthday was back in August...life is just too crazy.





















{still working on those self portrait photos - note to self OPEN YOUR EYES, RAIMI -LOL}

I loved the treats & gifts that were delivered.So many fun thoughtful gifts.



I was able to sneak away & get my haircut today...a birthday treat to myself. I decided to chop my hair off & bring the bangs back. My friend, Susan did an awesome job giving me the haircut I envisioned. Thanks Susan!.

















The night before my birthday, I was watching TV in our room. I heard a bunch of noise out in the kitchen & I went to see what all of the noise was about. John was the one making all of the racket. He quickly kicked me out. Can you believe that... banned me from my own kitchen? I wish he'd do it more often :-)! I wasn't 100 percent sure what he was up to but once I caught a whiff of the sweet aroma, I knew exactly what he was doing. He was baking me a birthday cake...not just any cake, but a two layered cake. One layer was vanilla, the next layer was strawberry & in between was chocolate pudding. It was very Neapolitan looking & so yummy! I was very impressed. Thanks, John Boy!



















My boys were so excited to give me my gifts.




















I received New Moon movie tickets from John. We are seeing the midnight screening, on opening night -YAY! The boys picked out accessories(car charger, arm band for my treadmill) for my ipod & the new Tim McGraw CD. Love it all.

Seriously, I had the best day ever! Thanks for helping to make it SO WONDERFUL. I think my 35th year of life has gotten off to a great start.

8 comments:

Raejean said...

Happy belated birthday! I love, love, love your new haircut! You look so good with bangs. I hope the birthday-ness lasts the rest of the week, you youngster :)

Meridee said...

I can't believe that was good ole Roseville. It was a gorgeous picture. I love, love, love your haircut. Happy bday. Love you!

mer said...

it makes my heart happy to know that you were so spoiled on your special day! i can't wait to see your new do in person! :)

lorelie said...

You look fantastic - love the hair! I love the sweet b-day song! Little kids are so awesome and pure. I'm so glad you were able to start your 35th year in such a fun way.

Denise Z. said...

SO glad you had such a great day--you deserved it! LOVE the new 'do! Bangs work on you :)
(oh, and great job to Brody on the birthday song!)

erin said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! And I know I said it before, but I LOVE your cute new do! What a fun birthday!

katie said...

Love the haircut, all of the green goodies, and that adorable little boy! Glad your day was fabulous!

BrookeandSpence said...

Happy Birthday. I love your new haircut, the bangs look great on you. I love your blog you are always so positive and creative...and your boys are sooo handsome.