Sunday, October 11, 2009

making me happy...

it's not hard to do! As I look around my crazy house, I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for, so many things that make me happy on a daily basis. Here are a few things that are making me smile today.

The piano & the nice sounds that are coming from it. I don't claim to have any musical talent but I DO love music(all types) & I love to sing...but I really shouldn't :-). Tanner started piano lessons with Miss Patti last month & he loves it. It has been wonderful to watch him learn. It is nice to hear sounds other than little fists pounding on the keys.
















Halloween decoration are making me happy this week. Our pumpkins look so cute all lined up on our porch. I usually try to add one new decoration each holiday & this wreath is the latest. I made this cute wreath @ Enrichment last week. I am proud of myself for actually finishing it before the holiday was over :-).



























The latest Green Tangerines Kit Club kit is so yummy this month. I LOVE it...very Fallish. I am hoping to sneak into my scrapbook room for a few hours to get some projects started. I am excited to create with it.

I have been loving the new crock pot recipes from my friend, Jan. Crock pot meals are the best when it starts to cool down. I have been in such a rut lately when it comes to dinner.

It makes me happy to know that my boys love school. They love their teachers & so do I. They are learning so much. I am thankful to live in an area where the schools are fabulous. Last week (Thurs.), Garrett was able to participate in a record breaking morning. They helped set the record for the most children, across the U.S. reading The Hungry Caterpillar book by Eric Carle at the same time. The morning news was even there to record the festivities. Garrett came home with a darling Caterpillar headband & his very own, Hungry Caterpillar book.





We are loving the beautiful California weather. It is warm enough to be outside & actually enjoy it. We washed the car & took advantage of the sunshine. The boys were able to put their swim trunks on & that somehow led to a huge water fight. Good times.




















I am thankful for the simple things in life that really do make me happy!
What is making you smile today?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Loved the post. I know I need to focus more on the things that make me happy rather than the things that don't (dishes, laundry etc.). Our boys are growing so fast, and I need to appreciate ALL of those moments!!

Morgan said...

Sounds like things are good in your house right now, Raimi. Will you send me some crock pot recipes?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tanner! Remember when I came to visit and played silly songs for all of you? Playing piano is so fun. Practice, practice, practice!

Love, Free