Monday, March 9, 2009

Long time...no blog. I have every intention of blogging daily (that's a lofty goal, isn't it?) & then life just happens! I thought I would do, what I seem to do the best & that is a RaNdOm post of the things we are enjoying or making us crazy right now...you decide!

If you know Carter & have had any interaction with him lately, you would know that his 8th birthday is on March 11th (this Wed.). 8th birthdays are a pretty big deal @ our house. He will be baptized this Saturday as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is so excited. I couldn't get him out of bed this morning, day light Savings has really thrown the boys for a loop(that & the fact that Tanner & Carter are trying out for the Select Soccer teams right now & playing baseball & practicing)this year. Anyway, Carter was not budging but as soon as I said his birthday was just 2 days away, he popped out of bed & said "is it really just two days away"?. He was so excited, you would have thought I had just told him he could open all of his presents 2 days early-LOL! Tanner had student council early this morning so we all piled into the car to take him. Mind you, the car ride to school is just two minutes if you hit the light right. I guess Carter just couldn't wait till we got home, he passed his notebook up to me & this is what I read:

I love how he wanted me to write him back. Sure, let me put the car on cruise control & I'll get right back to you Carter - so FUNNY!

My LO's have been posted on the Green Tangerines Flickr account for January's kit club. You can find my cards on pg. 2(the h-e-l-l-o card w/ circles is mine too-no name) & my layouts on pages 4 & 5.
Check them out here.
Click on Kit Club & then click on gallery.

I just turned in my Feb. Kit Club samples. My Tan-Man layout is one of my favorite layouts ever...am I allowed to say that? I loved working with all of the product in this kit. Kinsey did an amazing job picking out paper, ribbons, embellishments, etc..
I heart the Feb. kit club :).

Garrett is loving his sunglasses. I found them @ DI for .50 cents...best .50 cents I have ever spent. He keeps asking if he looks cool in his sunglasses.


In case you can't tell...we are enjoying the California sunshine & my neighbors house is STILL for sale. Somebody please buy it!

It wouldn't be a perfect week for me if there wasn't some time for coupon shopping.I scored some super deals this week. I purchased 5 boxes of cereal for $2.75 (that included the tax)@ Safeway. I actually did this deal 3 times. My boys go through cereal like you would not believe.


I hit Walgreen's this morning & look what I scored for about 2 dollars & some change.
Yes! You read that right...2 dollars & you do see two pkgs. of diapers there & WIPES!. I paid 1 dollar for the wipes & another dollar for the 2 cans of Ajax, everything else was free after the coupons & the $10.00 Register Reward I received.

So grateful for my friend Laina & the time she takes to post super deals on her site. Thanks Laina...you ROCK!

This is this weeks KOW @ Green Tangerines.

I just happened to have random pictures on John & I on my desk but you could totally use family pictures or pictures of you & your kids. This kit went on sale last Thursday & is available till it's gone. It was a fun one to create.
(sorry for the blurry picture, I was in a hurry to head home).

Have a happy Monday & don't forget to find the things in your week that make you happy!

3 comments:

katie said...

Lots of snow here today. I'm jealous of your sunshine. Love the note from Carter. Such a fun kid. Gotta go get diapers!

Lisa Dones said...

I LOVE this....I may have to scrap lift!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great lay out of you and John!!! I loe it!
Free