Saturday, March 21, 2009

Recipe Share

I have been making this recipe for years. I found it in the Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine back in March 2003. My Mom bought me a subscription to Taste of Home's one year & I LOVED receiving them. I am always eager to try new recipes.

Taco Lasagna
1 lb. of ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 c. chopped green pepper (I don't ever add this-kids aren't a fan of peppers)
1/2 c. chopped onion
2/3 c. water
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can(15 ounces) black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
6 flour tortillas (8 in.)
1 can (16 ounces)refried beans
3 c. (12 oz.)shredded Mexican cheese blend

In a large skillet, cook the beef or turkey, green pepper, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. add water & taco seasoning;bring to a boil. Reduce heat;simmer,uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Place two tortillas in a greased 13 in. X 9 in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 c. cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Cover & bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield:9 servings. You can garnish with sour cream, extra cheese, salsa!

* I serve a Southwest ready made salad with this meal & we are good to go.
**I almost love this recipe "more" the day after. It is a yummy, quick left over meal for lunch.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

this looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

katie said...

I'm fairly certain you made this when we visited last. Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for something new and exciting.

Anonymous said...

i am going to try this one this week zack love it!!
and yes that was Dylan in 2007.