Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer happenings & some winners

We have had another fun filled week & it is only Wednesday night. Garrett started swim lessons on Monday. He looks forward to his lessons each morning. He is such a little dare devil & very much so a free spirit. There are 4 boys in his group & two teachers. He is supposed to sit on the edge & wait for his turn. Every time the instructor turns around, he wiggles his way back into the water & just smiles. It has become a game. I am thinking "what a little stink pot".

I love this picture of him. The sun was so bright, he couldn't keep his eyes open.



Yesterday we headed over to the local library to see the Science Wizard. This was a free show hosted by the Friends of the Library. I had logged on to this guys website before hand & saw that his cheapest party package was a $195.00 & we totally got to see it for free. He performed cool science experiments for a full hour. He entertained the crowd by: using fire, melting things, forming solids, melting his girlfriend,Sheila's head (a Styrofoam head) with acid, & blowing large quantities of bubbles. He held the boys attention for the entire hour, so you know he was good. Brody on the other hand, was not so good. When the kids would clap or laugh, he would join in @ a higher octave. He is so loud. We watched the show from the big glass windows (on the outside).We sure do LOVE our new library.


Today was another action packed day. We started it off @ the pool for Garrett's swim lessons. He worked hard today on his kicks & BIG scooper's. He is getting the hang of the swimming thing. After the lessons, we met up with some friends @ the local bowling alley. Steph & Lisa found out about these cards for the kids that allows them to bowl any weekday during the summer, for free. The shoe rentals were even free too! Between the three families, we have a total of 11 boys with us! Crazy, good times. The Moms decided to bowl too! I can't even remember the last time I bowled. So much fun! I wasn't good @ it...but I had a great time. Garrett was cracking me up. He was trying to throw the bowling ball like you would throw a baseball. After the bowling excursion, we headed over to the Parker's for a BBQ & swimming (thanks for hosting Lisa). These boys did not stop for 2 1/2 hours. John was tossing them all in the pool & helping them do flips. It was another great summer day!














And now on to the winners from the last post. Thank you all for playing. Again, it is fun to read your comments. My trusty assistants were willing & able to help pick names. They also drew which prize everyone would win. I wrote a couple of my favorite things down & then the boys would pick the favorite thing & then a name. The winners are (in no particular order):




Congrats ladies! I will pop you prizes in the mail by the end of the week. Steph & Jacque, you won a Kit of the week from Green Tangerines. I will see what they have in store tomorrow & email you with your choices.
Enjoy the sunshine!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

How fun! Lauren likes to bowl too. We need to take her more. The library is one of the best places during the summer.

katie said...

I love summer days like that. Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon at the neighbors just playing in the water with friends. Gotta love the library. And thanks for the winnings. I feel kind of guilty since I've already won one of your fabulous prizes, but gotta love Bath & Body! That store and my need to go has been on my mind lately. Thanks.

Barb said...

Looks like so much fun. You are such a great Mom to take all your boys to such fun stuff. They will remember great days like that for years to come!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I won again! There is a Jamba Juice right outside my physical therapy office. Sooooooo guess I'll get a reward for all my hard work one of these evenings. I used to love bowling and was frequently on a summer league as the season is shorter. I had light weight ball - only 8lbs. I remember it being a blast. Remember Saratoga Bowl? That's where I went. It is now condos! How things change.
Love, Free

Stephanie said...

Yeah!! I won! You are too nice. I could certainly use a KoTW. Thanks SO much.

I LOVE that picture of B being tossed in the air by John! My boys said that was the best part of swimming yesterday. We had such a great time. My boys are still exhausted ... as well as their Mom!

We'll have to see what other FREE stuff we can find ...

Mamarazzi said...

AWESOME!

the pool is BEAUTIFUL!!

the kids are adorable...love the swim shirts/shorts from old navy!! yee haw!

the science guy is so COOL! i am totally jealous our community kinda sucks..a lot.

pssst i tagged you on my blog...come look and PLAY!! pleeeease!

Meridee said...

Yeah! I'm so excited. I love Old Navy, I love winning, and I love you. I can't wait to see you next week. Sorry I didn't know that I was a winner when we talked on the phone today, or I would've thanked you in person.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love the picture of John tossing the kids. That's one to frame!

Jacqueline said...

Wow! That's the first thing I've won since High School -- you make an old woman feel happy! Thanks Raimi Hooverina! Looks like you are having a wonderful summer. I bet you sleep sound at night with all of this child entertaining action!