Tuesday, July 15, 2008

what's for dinner?

Here is another family favorite. It's what we had for dinner tonight. It is one of John's favorite meals. This one is going in our family recipe book (that book that I still need to create)too! Enjoy!

Chicken Tetrazzini
1 pkg. (7 oz.) Thin spaghetti
2 cans (8 oz. each) mushrooms or 1 lb. fresh
1/2 c. butter
4 deboned skinned breasts of cooked chicken (can saute or boil)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 c. sour cream
Grated Parmesan

Break spaghetti into 1 in. pieces, cook & drain. Butter the bottom a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish & place spaghetti in dish. Cut chicken into fairly large pieces. Saute mushrooms in butter. Then add chicken, cream of chicken soup & sour cream to the mushrooms. Pour chicken & sauce over the spaghetti & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake @ 300 degrees for 40 minutes.
Serves 8-12 people.

**John is not a fan of mushrooms. So... just for him, I use 1/2 of what it calls for. If you leave the mushrooms in bigger chunks, they can be picked out fairly easily.


5 comments:

. said...

HI! hows your summer?

The Henry's said...

yum...that sounds amazing! I think I have everything needed too...which almost never happens. I'll have to try it!

Stephanie said...

That sounds SO good. We're not big fans of mushrooms either. I'll have to add this to my recipe collection and give it a try. Thanks for sharing

Stephanie said...

That sounds so yummy! So when you are done making that family recipe book, can I purcahse a copy because I know everything in it will be delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raimi, I've been looking for a "tettrazini" recipe so I tried it. It was AMAZING! I can't believe how much it makes and I'm looking forward to making it again! Please post more recipes! Thanks, Kristin Eng