Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This holiday ranks right up there with Christmas in my book. Maybe it's the colors? Or maybe it is the entire day spent with family? One thing I do know for sure is that I am so proud to be an American. I am so very grateful to have been given the chance & blessing to grow up & live in this free land. I am so thankful for all of the many men & women who serve & protect our country. I am very blessed & for that I am PROUD, GRATEFUL, & so very THANKFUL!




We spent the 4th of July @ my parents house with my Mom's side of the family. The kids played baseball on the front lawn, they had squirt gun fights, they played on the slip n slide, we had a yummy BBQ, strawberry shortcake & 4th of July cupcakes for dessert, wore our 4th of July t-shirts or red, whites, & blues, lots of photos, we enjoyed sparklers in the front yard, watched the HUGE firework show downtown, Grandpa treated the grand kids to the glow necklaces & bracelets, & then the long ride back home. We rolled into our driveway @ 12:30 am this morning. We are exhausted but love the memories we have made. We hope each & every one of you had a safe & Happy 4th of July.
**Lots of photos below.

10 comments:

Meridee said...

You've got such cute little guys. Your holiday sounds like a ton of fun.

Jacqueline said...

Looks like you had so much fun. It's such a great thing to live near family and have days like this. Cherish them all! So fun to see such big smiles on everyone's faces!

Stephanie said...

I love this holiday, too, for all the same reasons you listed: family, food, fireworks, swimming .. You got some GREAT photos.

Mamarazzi said...

looks like SO much fun!!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Wow. Great photos!

Anonymous said...

What a nice day! I love your family shot and of course MY Carter!

XO-Free

lizzie said...

so fun to see pics of your family! i sure do miss you guys...

Julie@My5monkeys said...

looks like you had fun too.

katie said...

Love the pictures Raimi. I too love the 4th and everything it means.

Amy B said...

Hey Raimi,
Thanks for my first comment! I can see how this can become addicting! Whether anyone reads it or not, it is a great way to get your thoughts out! We missed you guys on the fourth! From the pics, it looks like you all had a great time! Too much fun! I hope you and the boys are all well!

Love, Amy :)