Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Home from Chicago

**Edited** Still waiting for my photos. Will add them as soon as I get them.

I returned home from Chicago @ 12:30 this morning & didn't get into bed until 1am...didn't actually fall asleep until 2 am. It was awesome to sleep in my own bed & wake up to find my boys thrilled to see me. Carter has told me a dozen times today that he is SO glad that I came home...made me feel loved & special. Yesterday was another long but fun day. On Sunday evening after the show ended, we headed to downtown Chicago. Paula's sister & daughter drove down to Midway to meet up with us & play. Margie (Paula's niece)was a fabulous tour guide. She knew her way around town & was able to point out historic spots & all of the land marks. I don't have a ton of photos to post today (ok maybe I do). Brandi was kind enough to upload all of my photos to her computer @ the end of each day so I could clear my card. The card that held about 400 photos a day -LOL! I only had one memory card with me. I will add photos as I receive them, I think I have a photo for each item listed below!
So with out telling a story for every little thing we did/experienced, I thought I would do a CHICAGO WAS & fill it in with all of my favorite things/memories. Here we go!

CHICAGO WAS:

-CHA - heaven for any scrapbooker or paper crafter.
-inspiring
-meeting scrapbookers who's product lines & designs inspire me
-humid & sticky
-Paula @ the wheel-hydroplaning in the rain-eeekkkkkk!
-late nights,early mornings = lack of sleep.
-cruising in the rented PT cruiser-a.k.a. gangster car
-impatient drivers who honk their horns at anyone & anything .
-Scrapbook supplies galore
-being serenaded @ the Mexican restaurant, he even made up a Green Tangerines song for us! It was hilarious!
-is the most beautiful skyline I have ever seen
-riding the L train into downtown Chicago


- all of the cool buildings
-the Navy Pier

-deep dish pizza(Chicago style) @ Gino's East in downtown. this restaurant had cool graffiti everywhere.
-riding the ginormous Ferris wheel @ Navy Pier

-tons of photo opps.

-the Windy City
-eating a Chicago Dog in Chicago (filled the hot dog quota for the next 10 years)

-seeing where Oprah lives(from a distance)
-yellow taxi's in downtown.


the River walk


-the magnificent mile-so many shops, so little time.

-Millennial park

-the BEAN in millennial park-very cool! It is a HUGE mirror. I took that picture, so what you see in the bean.mirror is what was behind me. So very cool





the water park in Millennial park- my boys would have loved it.




hunting for White Sox shirts for my boys

100's upon 100's of photos being taken.

the orange FISKARS underwear-thanks for the giggle Kelly
was time to create stronger frienships with Kelly, Paula, & Brandi-love those girls!

having flat hair for 5 days straight

filled with great architect-simply beautiful

living in my GT shirts for 4 days-LOL

missing my boys...small & BIG

a fabulous get away.
Michigan Avenue


filled with laughter & smiles

catching up with old friends

full of color & life

an amazing experience I will NEVER forget(thank you Paula, Kelly, & Brandi)

missing my boys like crazy & seeing their faces first thing this morning upon waking up!
IT WAS AWESOME!

10 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

OH Raimi...this looked like an amazing time! how wonderful for you.

Barb said...

Your boys look so cute in their new Sox t-shirts!
Happy that you shared your fun amazing adventure with us!

Laurie said...

Welcome back. It looks like you had a fantastic time. I loved the pictures!

Meridee said...

I'm so happy you were able to go to Chicago. I'm sure it's great to be back with you cuties. They look darling in their shirts.

katie said...

What a happy, great time. Glad you got to go!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the glimpse of the windy city. I've never been there. Glad you had such a great getaway!

XO-Free

Anonymous said...

i'm even more jealous now!!! glad you had such a great time!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip! Looks like you are still a "night-owl", but the question is...are you up later than me? Erin

Eve said...

Looks like you had a blast!!!
What goodies did you bring home???
Kindly,
~Eve

The Henry's said...

Wow...that looked like so much fun! What an awesome hubby you must have to hold down the fort and let you "escape" for a bit!
The boys looked so cute in their T's!