Monday, July 28, 2008

Winner & other random things(recipe included)

We have a winner(s). We couldn't just pick one...we picked two! I will make another set of cards in the next day or two! Our winners are:



Congrats ladies! Annie M. & Julie, will you please email me your home addresses @ doeraimi@gmail.com

We enjoyed a fun FHE in the park with some friends tonight. Thanks for organizing it Steph. We were all asked to bring a treat to share & filled water balloon's. Now, if you know my boys, you know that this was an awesome FHE & right up their alley. Treats & water balloons, what else could you ask for? Everybody had fun taking turns using the water balloon launchers & some of the kids had a great time catching them in the outfield. It was hilarious to watch & all the Dads even got in on the action. We played Bocce ball, the kids played on the playground & there was even a soccer game going on. Did I mention that all of the treats were yummy :)? I love the shot of Brody below, he is pointing to the water balloons flying in the air.


I thought I would share the recipe for the yummy treats I made to share tonight. This recipe is from my friend Jan. ***Meridee & Jan, this is the one I was talking about.
Marshmallow Krispie Bars

1 pkg. brownie mix (one that make a 9 X 13 pan)
1 pkg. (10 1/2 oz.) mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 T. butter
1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies
Grease 9 X 13 pan. Prepare & make brownies according to pkg. directions. Remove from oven. Sprinkle marshmallows over the top of hot brownies. Return to oven-bake 3 min. longer. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted. Add rice cereal. Mix well. Spread mixture over mellows. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Enjoy.



This is where my baby can be found if we don't catch him fast enough.
Yep, he crawled up there all by himself. He LOVES to crawl up on the counters...the coffee table...the kitchen table...the computer desk, etc... Do you see the higher counter behind him, that is what he has to get over to get down on the regular counter, never a dull moment with this boy. All of the kitchen chairs are on their backs shoved under the table. It is totally annoying but a solution that seems to work (for now anyways).
We played @ a new water park today. The boys loved this park. It has a huge playground, a toddler playground, & a water area. The water part is smaller than the park we normally go to but all of my boys agreed that the playground was so much fun. I am sure we will be heading to this park more often. We have our niece, Ciara playing with us for the next few days. She will tell you that she is a tomboy, so I think she loves the playtime with our boys. I asked Tanner to stop so I Could take his picture today & I believe he said something along the lines of "I'll pose for you". This is what I got. Silly boy.







The count down is on. There are only two weeks left before school starts. Where did the summer go? I have mixed feeling about school starting so soon but after a morning like this morning, It can't start soon enough.

I have been experiencing major pain for about 5 days now. I had to go back to the dentist after I returned home from Chicago. My dentist had to re-do the impression for a crown. Mind you, I already sat in that dentist chair for 3 hours the first time around. In order to get another impression, he had to un-do the entire temporary crown, take the impression & then re-do the temp. crown. UUGHHH, another 2 1/2 hours @ the dentist. At one point, I heard the dentist say"oh, this is not good...this has never happened to to me before". Those are never great words to hear when your mouth is propped wide open with your dentist's hands in there. Apparently, he got a tool (I am pretty sure he said it was a screwdriver) lodged in there & was holding my jaw while trying to yank the tool out with his free hand. It took him a good 3-5 minutes(it felt like eternity) of yanking before it finally came out. The right side of my face hurts from my jaw to my forehead. I am not excited to have the permanent crown set any time soon. Wish me luck!
What have you been up to & are you looking forward to school starting? Be honest :)!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Raimi, you always have the best posts. Lots of fun stuff! I am sorry about the dentist. That is never any fun. As far as school goes, we don't even know which school the kids are going to yet! It is crazy! So I to have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. One thing I know for sure is how much we are going to miss our family and friends here.

The Marsden 6 said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited!!! I never win anything. You are awesome and I can't wait to use those cute cards. Looks like you have been SUPER busy and having tons of fun. You are a great Mom, I can tell.

Stephanie said...

THAT was a BLAST! Thanks for getting the night off to come to FHE. I enjoyed your post. Lots of great pictures. I cannot believe that Brody can climb that tall counter! Also, those brownies were so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll add it to my growing collection!!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

wow I can't believe I won. Also I'm so ready for school to start back and we have about 3 weeks here.

Annie said...

my heart goes out to you about your tooth! i UNDERSTAND!!! my tooth is doing much much better, so there is hope for you! i will send good thoughts your way!!!

Holly said...

It looks like you guys are staying busy and having lots of fun! Your so lucky to have such close friends! We are having a hard time adjusting to being back in Cali and lonely once again. Its hard not having family or close friends around all the time. We are definatly looking forward to school starting I can't handle many more "boring" afternoon's with Kaden. I always love to see your fun posts and cute pictures.

katie said...

Fun FHE. Sorry about the tooth. I HATE teeth problems!
School here starts for my girls in three weeks. Most kids in the neighborhood started yesterday for year round but thankfully we got the late track. I'm not quite ready to send them. I cannot stand that I'll have a second grader and a cute little kindergartener. Time flies!

Jacqueline said...

Your doerami email address made me laugh. I love that! I was ready for school to start about 3 weeks ago!

Meridee said...

Fun post! The FHE looks like a ton of fun. I'm so sorry to hear about your tooth. Those dang teeth can be so painful and EXPENSIVE! I'm excited to make those brownies. Thanks for the recipe. I sure love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your tooth-ouch! Thanks for the fun pics at Elliot Park. Stephanie was always so good about planning the fun social stuff. We miss our Roseville friends. My boys started school on Monday. Like you, I had mixed feelings the week before, but must admit it felt good to see them out the door wearing backpacks again! I've accomplished so much this week! Erin

Mamarazzi said...

dental pain in the worst kind of pain...poor you!

we go back to school on wednesday Aug 13...middle of the week...kinda odd. ANYWAY Jordan is so excited to get back, strange kid. but she said she had one of the best summers of her life, so i guess she is ready!

love the pics of the balloon launching. oh and Tanner posing, what a crack up!

and ummm your baby...he is not looking like a baby anymore. my goodness where does the time go?!