Tuesday, March 2, 2010

remembering michael

I debated as to whether or not to share this on my blog...I have decided that I want to. It is part of my life...part of my story. It is part of my 2010 word for the year...remember.

As I was leaving my teens behind and entering my twenties, I had the opportunity to nanny for a wonderful family. I was in charge of their 4 children. I spent a lot of time with these children. I was responsible for getting them ready each day, getting them to school on time, helping with their homework, getting them to their after school activities, their sporting events, play practices, traveling with them, playing with them, Dr. appointments... loving them
I spent a lot of time with Michael, the youngest{at the time}. He was a sweet little 4 year old. He was my side kick, my constant companion while the older three were at school. He loved to laugh. He was shy. He loved Happy meals(mostly for the toy inside). He didn't like to take naps. He was your normal, 4 year old. He loved his Mommy. He cried {every time}I dropped him off at preschool. He was happy when I picked him up. He was the boy that wore his costume the entire week after Halloween(you should of seen the giggles we'd get at the mall}He had a grin that melted my heart. He was sweet and innocent.

This is cute Michael{bottom left} with his brothers, Stephen and Brandon and his Mom.
{My scanner is not working. When it is back up & running, I will add a few more pictures.}



















As I have thought an awful lot about him this last week, my heart just breaks every time. Michael took his own life on February 27th at the young age of 18. It makes me sad to think that he was that sad, sad enough that he felt the need to take his own life. My heart is breaking for his Mom & each one of his siblings. I can't even imagine the pain they are experiencing right now. With the news of Michael's death, I was once again reminded that life is precious. Reminded that we shouldn't ever take our loved ones for granted. Reminded that we need tell them that we love them any/every chance we get.
My thoughts are with his family at this time. I pray that they will find the peace that they will need to sustain them as they begin to heal.

9 comments:

mer said...

i'm glad you shared... i thought a lot about you that day and even more now that the headlines have started appearing on the magazines... life is too short. love you!

Shelly said...

I was thinking of you when I heard about it and knew you would be devastated. I'm sorry for you and those who loved him.

Amy said...

I thought about you too, I'm sorry. Thanks for sharing and helping us remember to be aware and value what is really important.

Kristen said...

you were the first person that came to mind when I heard...and I wondered if he was part of your time with them...so sorry. prayers to all...

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you did share your thoughts on Michael, and how life is precious. It's so important to tell those we love that we LOVE them.

Jen said...

I thought of you too. I am sorry sorry for their loss.

Meridee said...

I too thought of you along with their family as I heard the news. It is very sad. Thanks for the tender post.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for sharing. I was thinking about you. Memories are a precious thing!

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing.I'm sure the family would love to get a letter of your fun memories of his childhood. My friends family did that when their dad died. Neat to read and helps to heal the aching heart.