Monday, March 1, 2010

life in the 1800's

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend Carter's 3rd grade field trip today. The 3rd graders we able to experience life in the 1800's. We visited the Bernhard Museum. This was not your typical museum. The children were able to experience, hands on, what life was like during this time period. They washed laundry by hand, made their own leather pouches, made biscuits & butter, played marbles, made leavings dolls & button spinners. They even did a few chores...just as children their age would have done in that era. As part of the experience, we were all asked to dress the part. Carter had cute suspenders, a white shirt, fitted jeans that weer rolled up. All of the Moms wore shirts, bonnets, shawls, & aprons. I am so glad that I got to share this day with Carter & his classmates. It was such an enriching experience.

















He was all about the orange soda in a glass bottle that John had purchased for the field trip.








































I sure love this super cute boy.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I agree he is super cute! I love your pictures!

Raejean said...

What a great place. How fun you could spend the day with your super cute son!

erin said...

Cute pictures!

katie said...

I LOVE his eyelashes!

Meridee said...

He is so stinkin cute! What a neat experience.