Monday, March 22, 2010

brilliant...

I don't know if any of you have laundry issues at your house? It is one of my biggest mommy struggles. I have a two year old who changes his clothes about 10 times a day(I'm not exaggerating), we play sports year around, and then there are their favorite shirts. Those favorite shirts seem to end up in the bottom of the drawer. It's the digging for those favorite shirts that usually starts the mess. I know, you know the mess I am talking about...clean folded shirts in a heap on the floor, clean folded shirts in the dirty laundry basket and in the end, the drawer that looks like a tornado blew through it.

Anyway, my friend Laurie came up with this brilliant system for folding laundry and putting those clothes away.

Fold shirts in the traditional box fold(like you are putting the shirt in a box to be wrapped) fold shirts in half again. Place them in the drawers and now everyone can see what's in their drawers. We have used this system for about two weeks now & I am seeing huge improvements in the laundry area! The boys are happy to see what is in their drawers and I am happy to report that the shirts are staying folded and in their drawers. Thanks for the tip, Laurie.

6 comments:

lorelie said...

I've got to give that one a try!

The Henry's said...

What a GREAT idea!!

Amy said...

I do the same thing with pants & kitchen towels- it works great!

Stephanie said...

what a great idea!

Kerrie said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Meridee said...

I use to do that with Jake before he started hanging up all of his shirts, and it helped a ton!