Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Wishing each of you a Happy Easter.
We dyed 3 dozen eggs last night. Lots of fun colors & white crayons helped us get the look we wanted...simple, bright colored eggs.


































We set the baskets out for the Big Bunny to fill & sent the boys off to bed. They were too excited to sleep.

Our kiddos were up @ the crack of dawn...Tanner was the first one to come into our room @ 6 am. The Big Bunny left the boys baskets on the kitchen table, filled with lots of goodies. John & I were so tired that we stayed in bed till 6:30 am. It was pretty amazing to go out into the kitchen & find every ones baskets still in tact...exactly like the bunny had left them.



















It was so fun to watch Brody look out into the backyard & notice all of the eggs everywhere. He got so excited & headed right out into the backyard. It was hysterical to watch him during the egg hunt. Each time he would find a plastic egg, he would sit down & crack the egg open. He would crack the egg as you would if you were baking in the kitchen. Once the egg was open, he would sit down & eat whatever was inside of it. He quickly caught on that you leave the hard boiled eggs alone & look for the plastic ones. Can we say sugar high by 7 am?

This is the first year that my boys did not having matchy-matchy Easter outfits. The older boys are getting a little too old for that & I didn't want to push it. It makes me kinda sad. I did end buying the older boys new ties last night & Brody finally got to wear his Easter outfit that I found @ Target a month ago. They looked so handsome.

































































































Church was wonderful & a nice reminder of why we celebrate Easter. Thankful for simple reminders.

We headed up to Yuba City to enjoy Easter dinner with John's side of the family. The boys enjoyed an egg hunt with the cousins, more candy, & birthday cake for John.




















So very grateful for my family & the time we were able to spend together today.
Happy Easter.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love how you take your kids pictures in their church clothes too! I so need to copy you! They look so handsome!

erin said...

Your boys look so handsome. I'm like you, I'm always somewhat sad at Easter-time knowing my boys are too old for the cute coordinating outfits. I miss those!

katie said...

Happy Easter Krupps.

Kathy Clark said...

You have the cutest boys! I love keeping up with your family.
Kathy