Sunday, April 5, 2009

weekend favorites

I almost forgot to post about the Easter picnic/egg hunt that we enjoyed on Friday night. I was in charge of this activity with the help of my committee...so grateful for those who jumped in & helped out. I was worried that we would not have a good turn out due to the winds that would not stop. We had a GREAT turn out despite the crazy wind. The kids had a great time hunting for eggs, playing games/relays, & enjoying Easter punch(don't ask)& cookies.
























































General Conference traditions are still alive & kicking @ our house. We had the chance to watch/listen to General Conference this weekend. For my friends who have no idea what I am talking about, General Conference happens twice a year, once in the Fall & once in the Spring. It is an opportunity for us to receive counsel from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson & other General Authorities of our church. A family tradition that we enjoy each General Conference weekend are delicious Butterscotch Rolls. Try them, they just might become a tradition in your home too. We actually make these during the holidays too. So yummy & simple to make.

Butterscotch Rolls





















1 bag ( 1 lb. 9 0z) of Bridgeford rolls
1/2- 1 c. brown sugar
1 small box of cook & serve butterscotch pudding
1/2 c. nuts ( I like chopped pecans)
1 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease bundt pan & sprinkle nuts in pan.
Place rolls in pan on top of nuts.
Sprinkle butterscotch pudding over rolls.
On the stove, melt brown sugar & butter.
Bring to a slight boil & remove from heat.
Pour evenly over rolls.
Cover with a dish towel & let rise over night
on your kitchen counter. Bake for 30 minutes
Enjoy!
**I cover mine with foil about 10 minutes before they are done.

Another fun thing the boys enjoyed this year were these great little conference packets. Rhonda sent the file to me a few weeks ago- thank you so much Rhonda! They were a hit! John made a bunch of copies & I had fun creating little packets & treat bags for a few friends & our boys.






















I found simple folders @ Wal*Mart & used my stash of Thickers to put names on each folder. I put crayons & candy in each little bag & tied it off with a simple bow from my ribbon stash. Very fun & "spring-y".
The boys loved their packets(there's were along the lines of the red, blue's & yellows-LOL) as we watched conference today. I think their favorite was the Conference BINGO. I gave them a pkg. of Easter Runts to mark their spots with. They played a few rounds & would eat their candy as they would yell BINGO. I am feeling so very grateful for the chance that I had to watch conference this weekend. Very grateful for a modern day prophet & the opportunity I had to listen to his words & counsel, the things that are important for this day & time. I am off to get dinner going. Have a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad to hear that the Easter Egg hunt/dinner went well!!

We also pulled out our Conference Bingo today. It really does help the boys listen and pay attention.

Thanks for another recipe!

Amy said...

Love the Easter Egg Hunt pictures!! I found your blog when you posted a comment on another scrapper's blog. I enjoy seeing what others do on their blogs.

Happy Spring!
Amy

lorelie said...

Gorgeous new blog page Raimi!! Love it!

katie said...

I'm convinced. You are wonderwoman!