Monday, April 6, 2009

happy monday...

yes indeed, it has been a happy Monday. The sun is shining. I got to play outside with my boys & we enjoyed blowing bubbles. A new scrapbook magazine came in the mail. It has been a great day! One thing you need to know about my family is that any day can be a happy day. For example, if my Grandma Shore were to show up on my porch with flowers on a Tuesday, she would say happy Tuesday. If my sister mails me a surprise in the mail, the note would say Happy Wednesday(she prays that the note from San Mateo arrives on that Wednesday -LOL). It is just a fun little thing my family does. I LOVE it. Grandma's random acts of happy days has totally rubbed off on everyone in my family. So...today I went to get our mail & there was a note addressed to me from my Mama. Inside was this sweet little note:




















Tucked in that sweet little note was a $100.00 Target gift card. WOW!




















How fun is that? Thank you so much Mom! When I called to thank her, I told her a $5.00 gift card would have made me totally happy! She is the best!!!So kind & so very thoughtful. She said it was her way of helping the economy, her stimulus package to me -LOL.

I hope you are finding the happy things in your world today!
Have a happy Monday!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet gesture! I love the idea that any day can be a happy day. We took your idea of sharing "happys" at the dinner table. It's wonderful. Glad to hear you have had a great day!

katie said...

So great, and yes your mom is very thoughtful. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You are always doing such nice things for others. Make sure you spend some of that on yourself!

Kristen said...

how fun....what a great mom! and now target doesn't have to be on your 'banned' list. :) at least for one trip, right?! :)

Denise Z. said...

Your love for Target is WELL known! LOL! Have FUN with that g.c. and be sure to splurge on at least one thing you WANT, not need!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raimi-
LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK!!! I give my daughter stimulus cards also. She likes to get Trader Joe's as well as Target. Always a good thing. You have suuuuuuuuuch a nice mother!
Love, Free

erin said...

Happy Monday, indeed! Hurray for you! PS- I love your cute new layout!

kinsey said...

ooh! loving the new blog look... and woot! for the target gift card :) so sweet!

mj said...

your mom rocks! i think we just posted on Ali E at the same time ;o)

The Henry's said...

That is so sweet! Mom's are the best!

Eve said...

Stimulate the economy!
I LOVE it!!!!
We have been doing a little TOO much of that lately. Need to get back on the budget!
Have fun shopping....I know you will!