Thursday, April 16, 2009

garrett funnies & family tradtions

The boys headed back to school this week...happy days for everyone!
Each night at the dinner table, we share our happy & sads from our day. This is something my parents started way back when with my family when we were all little. Now it is a tradition we have carried on with, with our own little family. This is how it works, we go around the table & each family member gets a turn to share what made them happy/sad that day. With such crazy, busy lives, this really gives us a chance to check in with each of our children to see what was important to them that day. Carter came home on Monday & shared with us how excited his classmates were to see him after being out sick the entire week before Spring Break. He said that made him feel really happy because everyone was giving him hugs & telling him that he was missed. Then he went on to tell us that he was still really sad about missing the ONE & only field trip his class would take this school year. He was also sad that he missed the cultural pot luck day in the classroom. Each child was asked to make & bring something to share with the class that represented their heritage. Carter went on to tell us that he missed Daniel's Russian food. He missed Emmanuel's egg rolls & had he been there, he would have shared something German. Well, Garrett had to pipe in & give his two cents. He said "well ya Carter, I would have brought my North Carolina food". John & I were laughing so hard. This boy has never even been to North Carolina. Can you tell that our family just recently enjoyed/experienced March Madness, North Carolina style - LOL? North Carolina is John's favorite basketball team & now it is Garrett's favorite team too!
GOOOOOO Tar Heels!

One more Garrett funny. I was getting all of the ingredients out to make John's birthday cake this week & Garrett asked if he could help. I said sure & told him to wash his hands. He pulls the chair over to the counter & points to me & says " I need to wear one of those". He was pointing to my apron, of course & then proceeded to get one of his own. I helped him put in on & told him I needed to get a picture. After I snapped the picture he said, "Don't put that on your blog Mom". With out further ado, because he looked so cute, here was his apron of choice for cake baking.






























I love this little boy so much & the laughter he brings to me on a daily basis with his quick whit & sense of humor.

5 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Maybe he will use that apron to bake me a cake next? Every family needs one baker besides the mom. I'm glad you found yours!

Stephanie said...

Love the apron on Garrett. He looks VERY domestic in this picture. It's a keeper.

erin said...

Hey, I thought he told you NOT to post that picture (but it sure is cute)! My boys are old enough they check my blog from time to time. Have to make sure there is nothing mom thinks is "cute" and jr. high friends find as "pay dirt" for the teasing! ha ha

katie said...

Please tell me that you've introduced him to green jello, funeral potatoes, and fry sauce. Total "utah food". Cute kid!

Imme said...

Hello Raimi, I work with your husband. He gave me your blog ages ago; I check in regularly to see how you and your adorable family are doing. You are my hero: to raise 4 adorable boys is no easy task. We have 2 girls. So thank you for the lovely blog, I will copy your practice to check with the girls about their day. A costarican follower (my house is your house, should you ever want to visit)