Sunday, February 15, 2009

playing catch up

I have had a super busy week. Coming down off of my fabulous scrapbook weekend with not alot of sleep & then jumping into the Kit club kitting party several times in the last week left me with little or no time to snooze. We pulled an all night-er on Wednesday & were able to finish just in time. This is a little peek into the kitting sweatshop- umm I mean workshop(I snagged this off Kinsey's blog-hope you don't mind Kins :).
There was lots of hard work. Lots of giggles & fun. I really do enjoy my job & the friends I work with.

Happy to report that we were able to get our kits kitted & ready to move out the door. Very exciting times for Green Tangerines & I am so happy to be a part of it. Some of the Green Tangerines crew has been down @ the Costa Mesa Expo this weekend debuting our kits & I can't wait to hear all about it.

On the home front, we have enjoyed making Valentine boxes.



Tanner was told to bring a shoe box that they could decorate in class(love those kind of assignments). This is what he made. Isn't it so cute? It is so Tanner! I love it!

We had fun addressing Valentine's &

making Valentine sugar cookies.






I about died when I listened to a message that was left for us on Friday afternoon. It was a little girl from Tanner's class telling him to check the porch & then to please call her back. This is what Tanner found.

The note on the inside was addressed to:
My valentine Tanner, from your Valentine!
It was very sweet. I was totally trying to not make a big deal about the whole thing. Tanner was embarassed but was so polite & gracious when he called her back to thank her. H-E-L-L-O !!! He is in the 4th grade. What will high school be like?

We also attended 3 basketball games on Saturday!

{Carter is # 2}. Both Tanner & Carter had AMAZING games today. Tanner had a break out performance. He was simply amazing on the court. Started the game off with a basket in the 1st 10 seconds & did not stop. His offensive & defensive game was on fire. Carter went on a shooting spree on the court. He even sunk a 3 pointer today. It was so much fun watching them do their thing on the court. I was one proud Mama.

Valentine's day was crazy. We attended (the above mentioned)basketball games plus Garrett's game, did our weekly grocery shopping, John reffed 7 games, & I managed the boys. My sweetheart managed to suprise me with a JUMBO heart balloon & a very sweet card. Then, later that day, in the mail I received another Love note from him with an itunes gift card tucked inside. It was very sweet & such a suprise. He kind of laughed about it & said "it has taken me 12 years to figure out that you would probablly love a piece of snail mail from me". LOVE it, indeed I did. I thought it was very thoughtful & sweet. Thanks sweetie!

We hope your month has been filled with the people you LOVE & the things that make you smile.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I am making banana bread at my sisters house and totally listening to the music on your blog! Just thought you'd like to know! We love the tunes! Have a great night!

erin said...

Heck, I love that John sent you sail-mail. How fun!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Wow - fun week at your house. Good for you!

PS - you win! I'll make you something sometime this year. It will be a fun surprise - for both of us!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, the pizza boxes!!! If I never see cardboard again for the rest of my life...it'll be too soon! :)

Anonymous said...

tan-man has a valentine...o my look out, he is one cute boy!!
and way to go john with the snail mail!!

Meridee said...

Cute stuff. Thanks for sharing. I miss you.