Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to you!

Today is my Mama's birthday! Just wanted to give her a special shout out on her special day! I want her to know that I love her & that I am thinking of her today. My Mom is simply amazing. She managed to raise 5 children & was there for each of the births of her grandchildren( all 10 of them). While raising 5 children, she held down a part time job that soon became a very full time job. She has volunteered on the Rape Crisis hot line for 25 plus years. She is always serving others,whether it is through church, the people she works with or her friends & neighbors. She ALWAYS makes time for everyone. She has held numerous callings/positions @ church that have demanded a lot of her time & energy. She is an amazing public speaker & brings me to tears every time. She bakes amazing treats, she makes the best sugar cookies & homemade pies. She is crafty. She did not bat an eye when I volunteered her crafty skills in the 4th grade. I told my teacher that my Mom knew how to make dough ornaments & so she did , with 30 4th graders(all in her spare time, right?). She scrapbooks, she makes cards & she can SEW. She has made baby blankets for each of my boys & they have literally loved them to death. She has even had to re-make a blanket or two for my boys. She is now making all of the grand kids their denim quilts with denim that has been worn by family members, what a treasure. She is one adventurous Mom/Grandma. She has hiked to the top of Half Dome & she went sky diving, simply because my cousin asked her to go. I can seriously go on on about my Mom but I will leave my Mom with this:
I LOVE you Mom & feel so lucky, every day to call you MY MOM! Happy Birthday! I hope this year is filled with love, laughter & happiness.
Please help me wish my Mom a special Happy Birthday!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Sandy!

You are one amazing woman. I wish you all the happiness today and always. Raimi is right about your sense of adventure. I was very pleased to share the skydiving experience with you. It's one of my very favorite memories. I love you oooodles!

Hugs...Kerstin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandy

You are indeed ONE OF A KIND!
I hope your day is as fabulous as you are.

Shu

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom! I hope you have a fabulous birthday and that 2009 brings you much happiness! You are truly an amazing woman, an amazing mother,Gramma,wife, friend and an amazing example to all who have the priveledge of knowing you! I love you!

Love and hugs,
Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy, Wishing you a happy birthday. Hope Randy is taking care of you today you deserve it.

Love John

The Marsden 6 said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sandy! Hope it's a GrEaT one, Annie

Mamarazzi said...

Feb 20 is MY mom's birthday too (and i did a post about it)...looks like a great day for fabulous momma's to be born, aren't WE lucky?!?!

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

Not a surprise that such an amazing daughter has an amazing mother too -- the apple doesn't fall far! Hope your mom has a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Sandy! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Love, Amy B :)

erin said...

Looks like it is genetic. Not surprised that you have an amazing mom. Sounds like many of the qualities we all love about you were inherited from her.

katie said...

Amazing women run in the family. Did I just compliment myself?? Happy Birthday Sandy. Hope it was great.
We saw Steve and Dixie at the hospital tonight. They seem to be good. Grandma Naomi is there and not in too good of shape. Me, on the other hand got to spend the day day with Kathy at the hospital. I may need to be admitted soon too!

Jacqueline said...

I hope she had a terrific birthday! With a great daughter like Raimi, and such cute grandkids -- it had to be a good day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Raimi. What a wonderful tribute that made my birthday even more special. You are just an amazingly thoughtful person and I am blessed to be your mother. And having all of my kids and grandkids together for birthday dinner was the absolute topper for a great week-end. Thanks for traveling to far in stormy weather to be with me!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i hope i get to meet the wonderful mother, to a wonderful friend of mine some time soon. happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!
Happy Birthday! I cannot believe another year has passed and I am wishing you nothing but good things in the coming year. I always enjoy seeing your happy smiling face on Raimi's blog. I am thinking of you!!

Love, Free