Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring cleaning...take two

I am still on a roll. I am still cleaning, organizing, & tossing things out. Today's focus was the bathrooms. What a chore it was! I loved today's tip. The Simple Mom's blog said that if your stuff does not fit in your storage baskets/boxes, you need to throw it away. If it is something you want to keep, you throw something else away out of your basket to make room for the things you want to keep. I cleaned out every single drawer & under all of the sinks in both bathrooms. I will share the before & after shots(brace yourself) with you. That top drawer became the bathroom junk drawer. I could not believe what a wreck those drawers were. Believe it or not, the boys bathroom was tidier than our bathroom. What's up with that? While cleaning my bathroom, I learned 1). that I buy a lot of chap stick, lip gloss & lip stick. I found about 20 tubes rolling around in the drawer. 2). That I need to find another closet to store all of my coupons deals(ie:shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant) in. 3). That I have a 2 year supply of shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, & deodorants :).

BEFORE:






























AFTER:






















BEFORE:






















AFTER:






















Many of you have emailed me asking for the Spring Cleaning site name. You can find the link for the Simple Mom blog under Sites I like to visit, the link is on the left, towards the bottom. Let me know if you jump on the band wagon. It has been awesome to break my house down by room. A little work each day goes a long way. Happy Spring Cleaning.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Your drawers are looking so good!

Do you want to come over and tell me how to organize my pathetic excuse for a food pantry? I have not been able to figure out how to deal with the lack of pantry only deep cupboards in this house. I am stumped...Any suggestions? It always looks like there is no mom in this house when you open those cupboards. I try...I have failed...

mj said...

guess it is time to stop buying shampoo and deodorant! thanks for your sweet comment. it was fun to see you yesterday. i miss monday make n take! i forgot to send you the link to the LOs i did for Quickutz. so here it is...I worked on the "Enjoy" gift set. http://www.quickutz.com/qk2/viewItem.aspx?ic=SGS-09-ENJOY-I

Jamie said...

Looks good! Isn't organizing and tossing refreshing! :) I would be too embarrassed to show my before pictures. ;) Send some of that organizing vibe my way please.

Unknown said...

You are brave - I would never want to post my pictures ... lol! I think I linked to the organizing site off of yours a while back and I have been trying to do one room each week and focus on things like you have shown that just don't get done from week to week. I just hope I can keep the momentum going!!