Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...
























{my Dad, My Mom, & Me(2 months old.) Dec. 1974

to the best Mom in the world! I can't let the day pass without giving a shout out to my Mom. She is simply the best. She is my ROCK. She is everything to me. She is the glue that holds our family together. She always does the right thing. She gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. She is the hardest working woman I have ever met. She raised 5 children with LOVE. She has 10 grandchildren who simply adore her. She has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ & lives her life in a way that patterns his. She takes the high road even when it's hard. She is a scrapbooker. She loves to read. She was there for each of my children's births(that means so much to me). She is a fabulous public speaker. She makes the cutest denim quilts & each grandchild will eventually get one. She makes the best sugar cookies in the world. She is a great pen pal. She is super crafty. She has been successful in a career that can often times make one feel sad & overwhelmed. She can sew & I am happy she shares that talent with me(it's not my favorite thing in the world to do). She made all 250 of our wedding invites, scrapbook style...before it was the "IN" thing to do. She gives great advice. She is a thoughtful friend. She loves good music. She is a talented writer. She makes the best homemade crescent rolls. She loves to shop. She is a great road trip companion. She has great faith.
I could go on & on...I just want my Mom to know that I LOVE her & think the world of her. I am so thankful for her constant example of how to be kind & how we should always treat one another with love & respect. I could have not picked a better woman to call Mother. I LOVE you Mom! You're the best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Raimi,
You are so absoltely kind to say such grand things about me. You are a child that has been a treasure to raise and made the job so very easy.I love watching YOU mother your children and admire how much you give to that job. Your mother's day tribute is the best I've ever gotten. Thank you so much. I love you!

Mom

Lisa said...

I hope you had a great day!!! Thanks for the cute card you had your class make at church. They were darling!

kathy said...

Right on Raimi . . . well written and oh so true.

The Marsden 6 said...

What a fun picture. I guess I didn't realize how much Tyson looks like your Dad!
Happy Mother's Day to your Mom and YOU!