Friday, May 15, 2009

birthday boy!

































Our baby is two! Can you even believe that? Where has the time gone? I can hardly stand the thought of him not being a baby anymore! He is a full blown two year old...tantrums & all. Brody had a wonderful birthday! We started his day with a birthday doughnut. I know , I know...the breakfast of champions right?


He did a little of this (watching cartoons with Garrett).





















I love how they are snuggled up on the couch together. Then he had his favorite lunch...a toddler lunchable(turkey, cheese,crackers) & a banana.

Then he did a little birthday dance...


I was trying so hard not to laugh. He was cracking me up. So serious about his dance skills.

We usually let the kids pick where they want to eat on their special day. Instead of going to McDonald's for chicken nuggets -LOL, Carter helped Brody pick & we ended up @ Fresh Choice. Then we headed home to enjoy cake & presents.

I saw these cute Elmo cupcakes on Morgan's blog. I knew I had to make them! Thanks for the fun idea Morgan.




















We had a little fun with the google eyes off of the Elmo cupcakes.




















Of course the birthday boy needed to join in on the fun! I have always wanted a third eye...in the back of my head :-)!































He got to blow out his candle 4 times. As soon as John would light it, he would blow it out. Present Time:






















He totally caught on to the whole opening presents deal in no time. He knew to start @ the ends to get the tape off. He loved every single present. A big thank you to our friends & family who spoiled him rotten.

Whenever he would open a gift that had clothes in it, he would stop & put that new shirt on. I think by the time he was done opening presents, he had 4 new shirts on. I guess the layered look is back in,




































He loved all of the birthday phone calls.
When friends & family called to sing happy birthday to him, he would intently listen with a huge smile on his face. When they finished, he would say thank you & quickly run off. He wore and took his Diego watch & flash light to bed with him. Amber, your present was a hit. He was one happy boy today!























We are so thankful for his spunky little spirit that adds so much happiness to our home each & every day! Happy Birthday Brody boy. We love you!

14 comments:

Debby said...

Happy Birthday Brody! Wow...he's two already! Those Elmo cupcakes are super cute, and the "googly eye pictures" are priceless!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

He's very handsome little boy. Time goes by so fast with kids.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brody. I can't believe you're already 2.

Lisa P.

The Marsden 6 said...

Happy Birthday to Brody! Looks like a fun day, your such a fun Mom!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Brody! Way to have a total Martha moment on the cupcakes! What am I talking about? You are the QUEEN of Martha moments! The cupcakes are adorable!

erin said...

Happy Birthday to Brodi! I love looking at the pictures of your beautiful family.

Morgan said...

What a fun birthday! I liked the googly eyes on the cupcakes.

Jacqueline said...

Happy Happy Birthday Brody! Those eye pictures cracked me up!

Raejean said...

Hey Raimi! Your little one's bday is the day before my twins. I'm excited to catch up. Raejean

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! I loved your cake and being able to see you walking around with Elmo. I am so excited that I get to meet you in person in just a few weeks!!

Love, Free

katie said...

Such great pictures! Looks like he had a great day. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

happy birthday brody! so so cute :)

Jyll said...

Love the Elmo cupcakes and the Elmo-looking family...cute! Happy birthday Brody.

kinsey said...

so tell the truth, did brody get his mad dancing skills from his mom??? inquiring minds want to know, hahahaha...too cute raimi!