Saturday, December 6, 2008

makes me happy...

oh, yes it does! i find myself practically running to the mailbox each day! I LOVE December & I LOVE Christmas cards that arrive in the mail. It is seriously one of my favorite things about December. We received our 1st Christmas card of the season on Wednesday from my sweet,sweet,dear friend, Free.

Free is so awesome about remembering us during each & every holiday season. We look forward to her cards all year long! Our 2nd & 3rd cards came from our wonderful friends, the Hanson's & Grandma & Grandpa Shore. We have a closet door off of our kitchen & that is where we hang all of our cards/photos. We enjoy them all December & January long. It is nothing fancy, but by the end of December, our door is totally filled. Again, it is one of the simple things I LOVE!


I am almost done addressing all of our cards. I hope to have them in the mail on Monday-YAY!

I am off & running. There are a few loose ends that need to be finished over @ the church. The much anticipated party is tonight! Wish me luck :).

5 comments:

Annie said...

maybe i shouldn't send my homemade one...its not nearly as cute!!! i love getting cards too! i love to cover the side of my fridge and look at them over and over!!! i'm sure your party will be fabulous!

Kerrie said...

good luck tonight!

Stephanie said...

I love receiving Christmas cards, too. I hope to get mine sent off tomorrow.

The Christmas party was great. You did a great job. Enjoy having your tree!!! Now ... get decorating =)

Lisa said...

We love getting our Christmas cards too. I like to get mine off after Thanksgiving so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
The party was great!! The children did a wonderful job! You are awesome!!
I hope you feel better, I can't believe you had to do prayers after your big night. It was beautiful though and you could hear a pin drop in the audience, everyone was quiet!! Get some rest, so you soon.

Julie Erdfelt said...

I love the holiday cards too! If you email me (Julie@erdfelt.com) your home address I'll send you one of ours. They usually feature our "kids" on them...this year it has our youngest...17 week old yellow lab. :)