Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hot Cocoa



I got this recipe from my dear friend, Erin G.. She is a GREAT cook & she ALWAYS shares her yummy recipes with me. I hope she doesn't mind that I am sharing it with you! I have made two batches of this Hot Chocolate just this week alone. One pot for Christmas Eve & one for Christmas day.It was a HUGE hit & it makes a ton. You can put it in your Crock Pot & enjoy it all day long. Our favorite, is to add a candy cane(the chunky, soft candy cane sticks) & whip cream on top-YUMMO. The first time I made it, i used evaporated milk because I bought that by mistake! It still tasted GREAT! The condensed milk makes it a little sweeter(I think). I also used Stephen's milk chocolate hot cocoa mix because I couldn't find the Belgian cocoa & it was DIVINE!


3 Quarts boiling water


1 can Belgian Cocoa Mix (generic about $1.50) approx. 16 oz.


2 cans heated condensed mix


1 large Symphony or Hershey bar, finely grated


Heat condensed milk in a small sauce pan.
Bring water to boil in a large stock pot.
Add Cocoa Mix to boiling water and stir until there are no lumps
Add milk and Hersey bar & stir.
ENJOY!

6 comments:

erin said...

Hey Raimi, I'm glad you are sharing this. It is a favorite and we always make a huge crockpot full for Christmas day. I too have used both evap and s/c milk. I prefer the s/c (but I have a major sweet tooth). Another great thing- Torani's caramel syrup-just a drop or too in your mug. Whipped cream is a must! YUM.

erin said...

sorry, two, not too!

Eve said...

sharing Raimi!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing. This sounds really good. I'm going to have to do this next year. I had a house full of people on Christmas and this would have been great. I'm adding it to my recipe collection for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Raim! It was so much fun to have the WHOLE family together this year! Your pictures and blogging are so cute! I love reading your posts and seeing the pics. :) Will you please make me a copy of the 7 of us when you order your next batch of reprints? Thanks! ~Amber

Kerrie said...

yummo! i love your recipes. I have a new favorite blog, it is a friend of mines, mothers. www.suesfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com. you'll love it!