Tuesday, December 9, 2008

decking our halls...

The Christmas party has come & gone! Another HUGE thing checked off my list. We had a great time. The children did a wonderful job with the nativity, the desserts & hot chocolate were yummy, & we had a fun visit with Santa. Good times!








We were finally able to put our tree up on Sunday night. The boys had a great time decking our halls.






We "ooohhhed & aaahhed" over all of our ornaments. There were a lots of "Remember whens" & "Who gave this one to me"? Each of our boys have their own ornament box. We buy them a new ornament (or two or three) each year. I have this bad obsession with Christmas ornaments...I LOVE them! The idea is when they leave home, many years from now, they will have a box of their own ornaments to take with them. My Mom did this for us & it was wonderful. Our first Christmas, as a newlyweds, we actually had some things to put on our tree! It is amazing that it takes a day or too to get the house decked out just right...making sure things are out of Brody's reach-LOL!We actually strapped him into this highchair while we decorated the tree. Don't worry, he was right there with us but just couldn't throw the balls-aka ornaments!



Here are some of my favorite ornaments from years past. I have been so good this year, I have not purchased a single new ornament. I think I hear Pier One calling my name right now-LOL!








We are enjoying our tree!

Grateful for this season where people seem to speak a little kinder & are thinking about others & their needs. Enjoy the season!

3 comments:

katie said...

I love your tree!

Kerrie said...

Our moms are too much a like! We have the same tradition! It makes decorating the tree so much fun!

Stephanie said...

I love the picture of Garrett hanging an ornament on the tree. Too cute!