Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December















Just typing that simple phrase makes me happy! I love everything about December. I love the decorations. I love receiving Christmas cards in the mail. I love the music. I love the hustle and bustle. I love the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. I love the holiday baking and crafting. It makes me so happy.

Today was a great day. I spent time making lots of peppermint bark and Christmas cards for our adopted Grandparents at church(a way fun service project). I received a Happy Wednesday package in the mail today. My sweet friend, Meridee is trying to "Meridee-ify" my Christmas tree. She sent me two new Christmas Ornaments, a very sweet note and a Target gift card. Such a kind, thoughtful surprise (love you, friend).

We could not let the first day of December pass by without the boys receiving their new Christmas jammies. After they snuggled into their new jammies, they each received their Trader Joe's advent calendar.

Our December is off a to a wonderful start. There are so many fun things to look forward to this month. What are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

katie said...

I too love December! It has a different feeling than any other month in the year. My kids got their Christmas jammies too. Probably the last year I can get away with footed jammies for Matthew. So cute.
Enjoy your week!

Tiamia1014@gmail.com said...

Wow! What a wonderful family! I was searching for something on google and saw this post. You are so fortunate to have four great children, a happy hubby and yourself. You are a gem of a person I can tell. Thank you for sharing. I love all the music on the Ipod keep it updated. I can't afford an iPod right now so I will vicariously listen to yours if that's okay!

Enjoy your holidays and family and thank you again for sharing.