Friday, July 23, 2010

you know he's not a baby (anymore) when...


Brody is usually the first one up at our house. He gets up about 6:30 am every morning. Today wasn't any different. He crawled into bed with me and we were running down the list of family members. He was asking if Daddy had already left for work. Then he asked if each of his brothers(he asked about them one by one) were still sleeping. I replied "Yes" to all of his questions. When he was a baby, we used to ask him this same question all of the time "How big is Brody"? Each and every time, he would raise his hands high above his head and answer "So big"! This morning while snuggling with him and trying to relish in the last stages of babyhood (that are long gone), I asked him< "How big is Brody"? He replied "taller". This my friends, is when I realized that he just isn't a baby anymore...he is taller. It caught me off guard and made me laugh out loud. I love this boy! I need to learn to embrace the fact that the baby stage is a thing of the past. Hello, taller big boy!

6 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

love cute funnies by kids

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Was that kid ever a baby? He's so cute.

mer said...

so bittersweet :)

erin said...

Oh, I miss those sweet days, but I totally love the "big boy stuff" too! So fun, & each phase is a new adventure. I love discovering things anew through the eyes of the boys as they grow & develop.

lorelie said...

love it! and love that you write this things down

Anonymous said...

So funny! He is so cute! I probably would have laughed, then cried. Where does the time go? Way too cute! ~Am