Monday, August 4, 2008

The cousins are here...

the cousins are here. My boys have been counting down the days. We met up with my sister Amber tonight. We have borrowed her kids for a few days. She has three boys, & then you add my four boys... I have 7 boys under the age of 11 in my house right now. I haven't decided if I will win the "fun Aunt" award or the "crazy Aunt" award yet. I'll let you know the verdict on Thursday evening. We are going to have so much fun during the next 4 days. We will be hitting the local parks, the cement slides, the water park, playing with the water balloon launcher, Sun Splash, the movies, the dollar store (tradition) & Lake Tahoe.
Here are a few photos from this evening.

The crazy car ride home. The noise level was off the charts as you can only imagine. . Every seat belt in a car was being used. I am not sure that has ever happened before. I took the car photos while pointing my camera to the back of the car while holding it above my head, not the best shots, but fun!



Once we got home, the boys enjoyed playing the Wii, jumping on the trampoline, eating warm chocolate chip cookies with milk, laughing & talking when they were supposed to be sleeping. That picture of Garrett cracks me up. He just wanted to carry Jace's bag around all night. He kept telling us that Jace was sleeping over. He is so stinkin' excited about the whole staying the night concept. It is going to be a great week!

15 comments:

Eve said...

I will check back Thursday and see if you are still alive!!!!

Stephanie said...

I'll reserve a padded cell with a cozy straight jacket for you ... j.k. I bet your boys are in heaven!! What a way to end their summer vacation ...

Jacqueline said...

You Win the most wonderful and incredible and patient and fun Aunt Award!

Barb said...

WOW! Are you Brave!! Looks like the boys love it though.
But when are you going to have time to read "Breaking Dawn"?? I just finished, see my blog. Don't worry I don't give anything away.
But it is all that and a bag of chips!!

erin said...

This should qualify you as the "coolest aunt of all time"! You won't ever have to do anything else for as long as you live....Have fun!

Lisa said...

wow, you are so brave!!!
I hope John has this week off.
I hope you make alot of great memories and that your sister will return the offer.
Enjoy the last week and we'll see you at school Friday night!!!!

katie said...

Now you qualify for "aunt of the year". I hope Amber's enjoying her quiet house. Are you willing to drive across Nevada to get some cousins anytime soon? I promise I'd meet you half way!

The Marsden 6 said...

You'r guys' kids are so stinkin' cute. I think you definilty win the most fun aunt award!
Good luck!

Meridee said...

You are a very fun aunt. My kids would be in heaven. Thanks for the call yesterday. You are very sweet/thoughtful friend too. I'll let you know when I see the email. Love you.

kathy said...

It's probably the crazy aunt award. But whatever, you're the best. Crazy or fun.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Want some girls to add to the mix? Eeeeeks.

Stephanie said...

You are amazing but that is nothing we all didn't know already. You just prove it more everyday.

Kerrie said...

You need a good day to sleep in after all of that. Aren't cousins fun? I would do it in a heartbeat too! It is worth seeing them together.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!! It's so great to see them all together again. What's AMBER doin'??
XOXO-Free

Mamarazzi said...

oh cousin time...the BEST time!

as you know we had a little bit of this type of goodness not long ago!

love the pics the boys look like they had a great time!

FUN!